We are looking for talented software engineers who are interested in moving into the security field. This will provide an opportunity to help execute our software security vision. As a senior application security engineer you will focus on ensuring the security of NetSuite’s products by working directly with our security teams, collaborating with our engineering teams, and promoting good security practices throughout NetSuite. This is a job where details matter, and there are a lot of details, including all of web security, mobile security, cloud security and software security. You must be able to tell the difference between a big problem, a minor weakness, and a false positive. You must help developers understand security concepts and security practices. You will help the security team remain a trusted partner of the development organization by being friendly but uncompromising when it comes to getting security right.
· Identify, reproduce, and report security issues
· Collaborate with software engineers to make our software better, helping them balance product and security risk decisions
· Implement appropriate security protections to solve both individual vulnerabilities and entire vulnerability classes
· Build and manage tools that help identify issues, both in the IDE and in CI/CD
· Build libraries that prevent security issues by design
· Build internal tools to scale out the team through automation
· Participate in incident response activities when a security event occurs
· Educate engineers and product teams on the importance of security
· Perform proactive research to stay current on security issues, and share that knowledge with the rest of the security and engineering teams
· B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
· 4+ years in the field of software development
· Desire to learn application security
· Programming experience with one or more programming language (Java, Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby, Scala, C#, Golang).
· Strong ethics and understanding of ethics in information security
· Capable of working independently
· Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks
· Excellent communication skills in English
· Experience working in an Agile development environment.
· Familiarity with application security projects (e.g. OWASP Top 10), tools (e.g. ZAP), and how to build safer software
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.