Insticator improves engagement and increases ad revenue for publishers by providing interactive content while simultaneously increasing site views and driving purchase intent for brands. Over 350 million consumers are reached monthly across Insticator’s vast network of elite publishing partners, including: Warner Bros., Ancestry.com, Postmedia, Rodale, Evolve Media, Crave Media, The Atlantic and more.
Insticator empowers more than 6,000 content creators monthly, monetizing content opportunities for publishers and brands. We are a Inc 5,000 company and a Red Herring Global 100 recipient.
The Insticator Values
Many companies stick their values on a wall and forget about them. We live them every day, driving our decisions and our interactions.
- Sleeves Up - At Insticator we provide the autonomy and creativity needed to own your role, iterate where needed and drive impact on a massive scale.
- 100% Viewability - Insticator is driven by open feedback at all levels of the company. This allows us to fail fast, create in real time and create an open company culture.
- Be Defiantly Great - We’re defiant, that’s in our lifeblood, we accomplish what other people think is impossible. Challenging the status quo is our lifeblood.
- Unconditional Empathy - We operate with a level of care and respect in all areas of our business.
Who we’re looking for
- Someone who cares:: We don’t want candidates who just see this as a job. You should care about the quality of work you produce. You have to be driven to create something you’re proud to show to others. You have to be willing to work hard and smart.
- Someone who owns their work:: A person who goes the extra mile to communicate to intra/cross team members when they feel it’s necessary, calls out things that are concerning, and generally does what’s right for the product and code.
- Dedication to craft:: You should be fanatic about the quality of code you write. Efficiency, conciseness, composability, modularity, extensibility, readability are some words that come to mind. If these things matter to you, you’re who were looking for.
- High level of skill:: We need an impact player. Someone who can come in and code amazing things quickly, help us move our product along at a higher rate of speed, and be an autonomous contributor when necessary.
- 5+ years experience working on production level front end code
- Strong experience building production ready applications, specifically in React
- Experience with responsive, single page, event driven web applications
- Experience with asynchronous data-driven actions
- Ability to replicate designs to a pixel and hand write stylesheets in a maintainable fashion
- Ability to intuitively animate UI elements via custom CSS animation
- Ability to quickly diagnose issues and correct them
- Solid grasp of application state vs local state and how these affect UI renders
- Data intensive dashboard experience is a huge plus
- Skills in: React, Redux, CSS, GIT, NPM, JIRA, Slack
We offer a diverse package and the chance to grow financially with the company:
- Stock options (so you have ownership in the company and benefit as it grows)
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Flexible work schedule
- Top of the line computers
- Free lunch on Fridays and office snacks
Our tech stack is ever evolving and always open to change. For now, here’s what we’re running:
- React:: Our products are built using React. We find the modular nature of react refreshing to develop in. Allowing us to break applications into very small component level pieces which helps us more easily isolate tasks when multiple developers are working in the same code base, helps us better update and extend features, and generally makes the DX much more enjoyable.
- Redux:: We use Redux for application state management. This enables us to centrally track changes in state to the application and adjust the UI based on these changes. Coupled with local component state we find this a very powerful tool in our arsenal and generally like to use it with wrapping HOCs.
What makes us great to work for?
- Personal Impact:: You’ll be involved in planning, architecting, and ultimately releasing to production new products and features that will help drive this business forward. The work here is incredibly rewarding if you take pride in what you produce.
- Organized Team:: You’ll slot in to an incredibly efficient engineering team. An agile work environment with well defined workload, scope, and tasks that will have you focusing on what you need to do and producing great work within a two week sprint cycle.
- Fun Environment:: The engineering team here means business but has fun while doing it. We keep things light while accomplishing a ton of work in short periods of time. Everyone here is invested in what they produce but can still find the time to smile and joke around.
- Forward Thinking:: We are constantly looking to evolve. Investigating new technologies and techniques, we never stay stagnant. It’s a great group of engineers who are looking to keep learning. Management is very open to change, so introducing new ways of doing things is appreciate and encouraged.
If you have read this far, what are you waiting for? Send us a resume and lets get the conversation started!