Quality Assurance Associate
Technology is reinventing the education marketspace, and at OCAS – we play a vital role in helping shape the landscape. We create new pathways for exploring and applying to Ontario’s public colleges, and also deliver dependable technology systems and business services to support our industry partners. Recently named a Waterloo Area Top Employer for the fourth year in a row, we’re looking for innovators who can bring their expertise and passion to our growing team. If that sounds like you, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
Think testing is about mindlessly passing and validating requirements? Think again! We’re looking for an enthusiastic, customer-focused and technology-minded recent grad to imitate our users and challenge our applications by exposing the ways they fail, and join our team as a Quality Assurance Associate.
As a Quality Assurance Associate at OCAS, you’ll play an important role in developing and supporting the technology that helps over 200,000 individuals every year as they take the first step toward a brighter future through college. You’ll be an integral member of our QA team, imagining and brainstorming your own test plans.
As a quality advocate, you’ll test features deployed to the cross-functional test environment shared by all our products, and will be challenged to imagine ways that both related and seemingly unrelated features or products might interact with each other to expose real-world problems faced by our users. A self-starter, you’ll also have the ability to influence the direction of our team and our products.
As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with team members, including testers, developers, product managers, client service representatives, and others, to build and execute exploratory test plans that rigorously test product functionality and expose potential failures
- Stay up-to-date on the latest consumer, technology, and regulatory trends outside of OCAS’ control (e.g. new browser features, new OS platforms, cloud infrastructure configurations, accessibility regulations, OWASP top security risks), and explore how they might affect our products
- Raise awareness about issues discovered during testing, and work collaboratively with members of other departments to develop solutions
- Run smoke and release testing in our test and production environments
- Use the most appropriate tool or skill you have to solve a given testing problem, or learn a new one
You should have:
- A resume that clearly describes the interesting and unique ways you’ve improved product or process quality, or supported customers and improved customer experience (not necessarily software products, processes, or experiences) in the past
- A curious mind that asks lots of questions and enjoys researching multiple perspectives before determining the best solution
- The ability to take divergent concepts, thoughts, and findings, and converge them into a clear, complete, and concise written or oral message
- An interest in software application development and / or testing
- A love of working with different teams to achieve the common goal of building an amazing product that exceeds expectations
You share OCAS’ core QA values:
- We can test anything put in front of us whether or not we have requirements for it: a prototype, a design, a flowchart, an idea, or even actual software
- All software systems inherently have bugs and problems to be found
- A passing test suite is very worrisome; it means we haven’t worked hard enough to find bugs yet
- Automated test systems are only a piece of a successful test plan
Desirable experience and credentials:
- Formal experience, continuous learning, and / or personal growth in the software testing field
- Various testing strategies and methodologies, especially Session-Based Exploratory Testing
- Experience creating mind maps, or using other brainstorming tools and methods
- A technical college or university credential in Computer Science, Information Technology, or another similar discipline
Position Reports to: Manager, Quality Assurance
Resumes and cover letters stating qualifications should be submitted to:
CLOSING DATE: February 28, 2019
While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.
More search results
Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer – Imaging S…
Huron Technologies International Inc.
Marketing and Lead Generation Manager
Project Manager | eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company)
Front End Angular Security Builder Extraordinaire