Position: Test Technician
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 1-3+ years' work experience in ME/EE/SW or Testing
Education: College Diploma or similar
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
You will be responsible for the managing OTTO Motors Virtual Test Fleets as part of a large fleet test strategy. Virtual fleets are made up of virtual robots which look exactly like real robots to the Fleet Manager software but are actually lightweight simulations that can be run on a VM farm in their hundreds or thousands. You will deploy, upgrade, run and maintain the virtual test fleets keeping the robots running and feeding back to the UI & UX teams how easy (or hard) their latest software makes your life. You will develop test plans and execute them for new features and custom projects to ensure that our Fleet Manager software is meeting the customers' needs. This will range from designing test campaigns to identify and eliminate issues early on, through to tail end validation focused on detailed product verification. You will work closely with the rest of the Fleet Software group to make sure that we are delivering properly engineered solutions.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Deploying, running, upgrading and maintaining the virtual fleets
- Designing test campaigns
- Executing tests for full system, component, simulation, regression and performance verification
- Documenting test results and findings
- Capturing issues and artifacts, establishing strong feedback loops back into development and engineering teams
- Extending test frameworks, testing automation and/or introspection tools.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Developing simulations, maintaining and extending testing standards and best practices
- Testing and validating product components used in projects
- Determining or helping to drive test requirements for new products, components, or projects as required
- Alerting the team and stopping the robots from starting their own revolution
You want to work for a fast-paced growing company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with less than 100% effort. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
Your ability to find and break things is strong and you’re able to diagnose issues faster than the speed of light. You like the thought of working on projects that interact with the world, even more so when they can do so on their own. You're looking for a job where you get to interact with a diverse team and learn something new every day. Help prevent the machines from overthrowing humanity!
- College Diploma in a relevant technical field
- 1-3 years’ working simulation, software design or testing environments (or Post Graduates with similar exposure)
- Any combination of experience designing, implementing, maintaining or executing technical acceptance plans
- Experience with test validation of complex integrated systems and/or software
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience with Linux / Unix operating systems
- Experience with Unix scripting languages (e.g. bash, shell, awk etc.)
- Git or similar version control experience (BitBucket, Github, etc.)
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems such as JIRA, Bugzilla or others
- Experience with test suite software such as TestLink, HP Quality Center or others
- Experience working with or using ROS (Robot Operating System)
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.