Deployment Support Engineer – Channel Programs
Position: Deployment Support Engineer – Channel Programs
Location: Kitchener / Waterloo
Experience: 3+ years of relevant work experience
Education: Undergraduate Degree in Related field
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
We are shipping more and more robots. We are expanding our customer base globally. We are signing on new partners globally. We are looking for a Deployment Support Engineer with the technical expertise coupled with a passion to coach and mentor our partner teams with technical know-how, setup, commissioning, deployment, troubleshooting and repairs of OTTO 100 and OTTO 1500 Self Driving Vehicles (SDV).
We are seeking a Deployment Support Engineer who understands traditional automation, but sees the huge opportunity with SDVs to change the paradigm of material movement inside a warehouse or a factory. You will work with the Clearpath team, clients, and our partners to help plan and execute the technical side of commissioning and deploying our robots into warehouses and factories globally. This may range from setting up a working demo, initial commissioning of the robots, testing of robots, supporting project activities, troubleshooting, repairs and training partners in the aforementioned activities.
The primary objective of this role is to enable knowledge transfer each and every day, on each and every project while working with end customers and partner engineers. The Deployment Support Engineer dedicated to the Partner Program has the primary function of supporting partner programs and projects including pre-sales support, training, troubleshooting, and repairs. This role will combine specialised knowledge of product with case-by-case understanding of Partners to provide the most appropriate guidance/support to the partner teams. This role also serves as the Client Success interface between projects, partners, and the Client Success group.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Support partner engagements towards a successful outcome – for the Partner, for Clearpath, and most importantly for the Customer.
- Develop and maintain curriculum and content for Repair and Maintenance Training Programs
- Provide Repair and Maintenance Training for Partner and Customer teams on a need basis
- Support setup and commissioning of OTTOs for demos, at partner sites and on deployment projects as needed
- Train the Partner’s technical team all aspects of commissioning and caring for the OTTOs
- Train partners on how to troubleshoot robots. Compile and update periodically the troubleshooting section of the Knowledge-Base
- Work collaboratively with Application Engineer and Systems Engineer to ensure no surprises – post Purchase Order
- Train the partner on new software and hardware releases as needed
Additional tasks may include:
- Provide backup support and mentor Client Success team members
- Support the evolution of OTTO Academy Program by providing insights on curriculum, writing course content, and teaching the class from time to time
- Maintain quarterly report card for each Partner – focusing on repair and maintenance capabilities
- Support project-based activities as requested and assigned from time to time
- Maintain and manage “lessons learned” documentation from each partner deployed project
- Travel to partner and customer sites for project support work.
- Assist with technical discussions and tradeshows from time to time
You see the potential in intelligent robotics to change the world, and you want a career where you’ll get to make this happen personally. You want to work for a technology company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You like being the go-to person for technical questions. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- Degree in engineering, computer science, robotics, or a related field with applicable background
- Experience working with industrial automation systems
- Moderate degree of software development skills (ideally C++ and/or Python in a Linux environment)
- Good organization and prioritization skills.
- Able to understand and communicate concepts readily via sketches, block diagrams, UML diagrams, flowcharts, and technical writing
- Able to facilitate productive technical planning sessions both internally and with partner/client involvement
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada at time of application
Bonus points for:
- Industrial PLC and fieldbus experience (Compact/ControlLogix, Rockwell EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP)
- You use a Cognex system to tell you when to shovel your driveway
- Working knowledge of aspects of mobile robotics such as perception, planning, controls, and navigation
- Experience with one or more of ROS, Gazebo, MoveIt!, OpenCV
- Experience working with vehicle automation for mining, agriculture, and/or indoor industrial applications
- Past hands-on experience with mobile robots or AGCs
- Significant degree of paranoia when dealing with 3rd party suppliers
- Comfortable speaking with small groups wearing expensive suits
- Past experience participating in development or deployment projects that have gone terribly wrong
- Ability to diagnose broken equipment by its sounds and smells
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.