Position: Systems Integration Engineer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 2-5 years of relevant work experience
Education: Graduate Degree in a related field
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
The Systems Engineering (SE) team works closely with our Project Management Office (PMO) within our professional services organization to deliver business value to our end users, channel partners, and for OTTO Motors. SE’s design and implement fleets of OTTO vehicles and software at our customer facilities. In addition, the SE team creates, implements, and analyses use cases to establish guidelines, standards, and best practices for how OTTO Motors products can be used by the market, specifically by our integrator network. Furthermore, the SE team is a major contributor to defining our product requirements and is a major influencer of our product roadmap.
You will be responsible for:
- understanding customer requirements;
- consulting with applications engineering during the requirements and concept definition process;
- design of self-driving vehicle systems based on OTTO Motors products to meet the customer requirements;
- authoring acceptance test plans for validation of system functionality and performance;
- commissioning self-driving vehicle systems at client facilities throughout the world;
- optimizing system performance through analysis, simulation, and experimentation;
- project planning for the deliverables and work packages you own;
- communicating technical details and status to the customer and broader project team;
- consulting with integration partners on all of the above; and
- solving new and challenging technical problems related to the above.
Additional responsibilities include:
- authoring new product requirements based on the lessons learned from your design and commissioning activities;
- sharing your insights, knowledge, and lessons learned;
- select ‘investment projects’ for pre-verification of new product features and performance;
- assisting to improve department tools, processes, and working relationships with other departments;
- planning and organization (how to approach and solve a problem, work breakdown to achieve the end goal, etc.)
- strong communicator, verbal and written
- self-motivated and organized
- a keen eye for detail
- demonstrated ability to work with Linux
- authoring simple software code (python, C++, or other)
- comfort navigating through and programming PLCs or ability to quickly learn basic PLC programming
- troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- rudimentary knowledge of interpreting mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- 2+ years of experience commissioning industrial automated equipment or software that interfaces to the equipment
- diploma or degree in an engineering, design, or industrial controls type of field
- experience analyzing performance of automated systems
- experience working directly with clients/end-users
Bonus for experience:
- training users of automated equipment/software
- lean manufacturing education
- data analysis experience
- working with Atlassian Confluence products
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.