CARFAX Canada is looking for a dynamic Scrum Master who will be a best-in-class Servant Leader to our engineering team and business owners. We’re looking for exceptionally ambitious, communicative, and hands-on individuals who are comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team. They’ll have experience working in fast-paced environments with the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
Why CARFAX Canada?
We’re the best at data; that’s why we’re Canada’s choice for detailed vehicle information. We’ve been growing for over 18 years and we know that our incredible team is what’s driven us forward, so we like to keep them incredible. The CARFAX Canada kitchen is always stocked with fresh, organic fruit, not to mention a wide range of coffee options. We offer social events like pub nights and disc golf, and wellness initiatives like in-house yoga and massage! We also have RRSP matching and an amazing benefits program, so you won’t have to worry about things like vision, dental, physiotherapy etc. On top of all that, we invest in the future of our employees – we have a comprehensive leadership training program and each team member has their own professional development budget, so they can continually build their skillsets. Plus, we support our community by participating in group volunteer opportunities and donating to the causes that matter to our team. So why work at CARFAX Canada? Because life’s too short not to work somewhere awesome.
CARFAX Canada is a growing, fast-paced environment that is constantly innovating existing products and creating new ones! We have many ideas and we need someone to transform these ideas into marketable products. The Scrum Master will facilitate all scrum meetings and help us build on our successes. The candidate will embrace change and encourage others to change for the better.
The successful candidate will be considered a subject-matter expert, have excellent logic and problem-solving skills, and a drive to make a difference. We need an individual that puts the team before themselves. They will also help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? Are you a collaborative leader with experience facilitating scrum meetings? Are looking to take on a new challenge? If you answered yes to these questions, consider applying for the role of Scrum Master at CARFAX Canada!
- Employ Servant Leadership to coach and support the team in agile product development and delivery methods
- Teach and coach the team on agile practices and principles. Lead and/or facilitate scrum ceremonies
- Serve as a liaison between technical and non-technical departments to ensure clear communication and understanding
- Organize and facilitate backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other Scrum ceremonies
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility
- Advocate the Scrum principles and practices, values, model agile behaviors, and mindset
- Participate proactively in developing, and maintaining, team standards and best practices
- Identify and remove impediments
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Empower the team to self-organize
Education, skill and experience required:
- 2 to 4 years of Scrum Master work experience.
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master, or working towards this designation
- University degree in Information Technology or a related field
- Intricate knowledge of Agile software development methodologies, values and procedures
- Understanding or ability to utilize tools such as Confluence, Slack, and JIRA
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated
- Team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse personality types
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Very strong collaboration and communication skills applicable to technical teams and business teams
- Excellent estimating and forecasting skills
CARFAX Canada’s core values are: Be the solution, embrace change, commit and deliver, and powered by passion. The successful candidate will share these values.
Compensation includes base salary commensurate with experience, performance bonuses, health/dental benefits and an optional RRSP match program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. Applications will be accepted until February 20, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.