Do you specialize in using video and animation to tell compelling stories? Are you driven to design sites that are engaging and effective? Are you creative, passionate and collaborative? Do you obsess over brand standards and have a marketing mindset? If so, consider joining our first-class marketing team as Multimedia Designer!
Why CARFAX Canada?
We’re the best at data; that’s why we’re Canada’s choice for detailed vehicle information. We’ve been growing for over 18 years and we know that our incredible team is what’s driven us forward, so we like to keep them incredible. The CARFAX Canada kitchen is always stocked with fresh, organic fruit, not to mention a wide range of coffee options. We offer social events like pub nights and hockey games, and wellness initiatives like in-house yoga and massage! We also have RRSP matching and an amazing benefits program, so you won’t have to worry about things like vision, dental, physiotherapy etc. On top of all that, we invest in the future of our employees – we have a comprehensive leadership training program and each team member has their own professional development budget, so they can continually build their skillsets. Plus, we support our community by participating in group volunteer opportunities and donating to the causes that matter to our team. So why work at CARFAX Canada? Because life’s too short not to work somewhere awesome.
CARFAX Canada is looking for a passionate creative who specializes in video and webpage design to join the marketing team as Multimedia Designer! We have a strong team of in-house graphic designers and are looking to add someone to the team that can create a narrative with their exceptional video and animation talent. The ideal candidate also has demonstrated experience as a web designer and can contribute to a website redesign. The ideal fit is some who’s highly collaborative, learning-focused and always challenging the status quo to find innovative solutions. If this sounds like a fit, we want to hear from you!
- Collaborate with other graphic designers, UX/UI team, the marketing department and internal stakeholders to apply your experience in multimedia and webpage design to help achieve marketing goals
- Conceptualize and design video for digital ad campaigns, websites/blogs, social media, presentations and other marketing initiatives
- Create consumer-focused webpage designs for carfax.ca
- Design content that is on-brand and optimized across all channels
- Initiate and contribute creative ideas to kickoff meetings and collaborate with other graphic and UX/UI designers on the execution of projects
- Manage assigned projects from concept development through to execution by coordinating with the creative team and Project Manager to secure proper assets and meet task deadlines
- Maintain and evolve knowledge of any current technologies and/or practices through continuing education, research, and/or workshops to provide recommendations based on best practices as well as industry and consumer trends
Education and experience required:
- Post-secondary education in multimedia design, graphic design or equivalent
- 5+ years experience with multimedia and webpage design in a marketing environment
- Demonstrated advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Sketch, InVision for workflow, and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated expertise in 2D animation, videography and webpage design
- Ability to translate brand guidelines into design solutions that reinforce brand identity and achieve marketing goals
- Must possess strong creative and conceptual vision and the ability to flawlessly execute high-quality work
- Current knowledge, skills and experience with the latest multimedia and webpage design methods, practices and techniques
- Effective deadline management and project management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
Keys to success
- Thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Expert knowledge of industry standard design tools
- High attention to detail and critical thinker
- Advanced knowledge of design principles
- Willingness to give and receive feedback to enhance performance
- Operates with a positive, solution-focused mindset
CARFAX Canada’s core values are: Be the solution, embrace change, commit and deliver, and powered by passion. The successful candidate will share these values.
Compensation includes base salary commensurate with experience, performance bonuses, health/dental benefits and an optional RRSP match program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. Applications will be accepted until February 20, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.