Connectivity is critical to the success of today’s organizations. It’s our vision to deliver reliable connectivity anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too. We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada (2014, 2015 and 2016).
Our software test team is growing and we need a test engineer to spearhead creating an automation framework for our software back-end cloud infrastructure components. This position is based out of our Waterloo head office, reporting to the SQA Manager.
- Design, build, and own automated test frameworks and tests for scalable cloud infrastructure components -- the backbone of our software product environment -- spanning functional and non-functional tests
- Work closely with our IT Ops, software development and product management teams to provide timely and effective input on product quality
- Create dashboards to succinctly illustrate product performance and test progress
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep experience with automation test framework design and development
- Ability to implement tests within your framework and adapt, based on lessons learned
- Proficiency with networking technologies, communication protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, WebSockets) and traffic capture
- High comfort level with Linux
- Development experience with Python
- 3+ years of experience with test automation, ideally in a distributed system environment
- Technical degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Hands-on experience with a major cloud host provider such as IBM Bluemix, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- Clear understanding of and experience with cloud software component setup and management, including virtualization and CI/CD
- Exposure to wireless cellular network technologies and cellular modem communication
- Awesome attitude, effective communication, passion for continuously raising the quality bar
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier-free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact People and Culture by email at email@example.com.