Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Client Information solutions for diverse health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, Ontario entering our 16th year of business on a trajectory to double in size and reach.
Building on years of steady success with a growing global client base, we are implementing an ambitious new sales and marketing strategy as a key driver of our company-wide strategic reorganization and focus.
We are seeking talented, energetic and passionate individuals who want to help deliver on Athena’s mission to be a key enabler of social impact for organizations working to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
WHO YOU ARE
A B2B SaaS “solutions” seller, you’re a dynamic, ambitious, results oriented professional looking to thrive among a growing creative, collaborative and driven customer and revenue capture team with an international market focus. You are eager to identify the challenges, pain points and requirements of prospects and effectively demonstrate the value and fit of the solutions we offer to close deal sizes in the $30k-80k range across specific market segments in the USA.
You will manage your assigned inbound qualified sales opportunities as well as generate your own leads based on identified target market segments. You will arrange online meetings with key stakeholders of the prospects to understand their requirements, solution objectives, decision making framework and timeline and demonstrate how the solution – including implementation and change management services – can deliver the benefits desired.
Above all, you are someone who constantly strives to improve your sales strategies, knowledge and practices to maximize revenue capture, time to close and long-term customer satisfaction.
WHY THIS ROLE MATTERS
The objective of the Sales Professional is to generate new sales for Athena Software of Penelope Case Management Software for targeted market segments in the USA, where we already have a significant presence and a growing and active customer base. Athena Software is preparing for a rapid scale up expansion of operations, impact and revenues and you will be a key contributor to this success.
We don’t sell widgets or fanciful but essentially frivolous technology – we provide SaaS solutions and services that empower health and social service organizations and government agencies around the world to deliver on their mission to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities. Athena’s Penelope platform is a key driver and enabler of this social impact – doing good is a powerful inspiration and motivator for everything we do.
- Skillfully and persistently manage opportunities through complex organizations with non-traditional decision structures (being mostly not for profit social service organizations)
- Work in co-operation with the business development and marketing teams to establish and grow your pipeline through target inbound and outbound strategies
- Understanding and clearly articulating customer business need and ROI while communicating with senior executives in prospect accounts
- Preparing and delivering online (and occasionally onsite) product demonstrations
- Managing and closing complex B2B sales cycles using Salesforce (CRM)
- Create proposals and quotes – often involving input from other Athena teams – for opportunities and lead RFP process for prospects
- Maintain relationships with your client base to ensure that their needs are met
- 2-3 years’ experience of Sales or Account Management in a B2B SaaS company
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to manage multiple accounts while looking for prospective clients
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, and continuously demonstrate high integrity standards in all prospect and customer interactions
- Detail oriented and ability to understand sometimes complex requirements
- Strategic thinker and independent problem solver; must be able to identify “red flags”/issues and implement strategies that deliver the most effective path to winning opportunities
- Experience working in or with the non-profit social services sector is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce an asset
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.