Senior Technical Support Specialist
The Senior Technical Support Specialist is an extension to eSentire’s Operation Security Operation Center by providing 7X24 on-call support for the operation of our security services that includes but is not limited to:
- Troubleshooting the infrastructure and software services of eSentire’s security offerings
- Monitoring the health of the infrastructure supporting operation of eSentire’s security services
- Participating in ad-hoc support calls
- Analyzing and responding to software and infrastructure related issues
- Owning and triaging any operation issues
- Responsibility for completing Root Cause Analysis
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment and stays calm even in high pressure situation. They will work with data storage, data analytics and search technologies as well high-throughput data processing technologies, RESTful APIs and data pipeline micro-services running on Kubernetes platforms, or inside virtual machines on VMWare clusters.
You will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting infrastructure, networking services, and software services when outages or degraded functionality/performance in our systems are detected.
- Understanding and troubleshooting, logging and startup services within the Linux and VMWare environment
- Writing reports about the nature of incidents including root cause analysis.
- Identify issues and perform tests to identify and enumerate on steps to resolve any issues.
- Collaborate with System Administration, Networking and Software Development groups to allow effective and efficient long-term resolutions that mitigate or prevent future outages or incidents.
- Collaborate in the maintenance of a knowledge database containing information that is helpful with troubleshooting and operating our end-to-end security services.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing a knowledge base of run/play books for handling outages.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in high pressure situations and be able to resolve the issues collaboratively and calmly.
- A passion for learning different systems and an understanding of the complex interactions between those systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux (preferable Ubuntu) including bash scripting, using syslog and statd as well as daemon startup and monitoring (like upstart, initd, supervisord).
- Experience with the operation of NoSQL data stores like MongoDB, Cassandra, ElasticSearch and RDBMs like MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with the operation of messaging brokers or stream processors like RabbitMQ, or Apache Kafka.
- Understanding of the concepts of Linux containers, Dockers and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
Nice to have:
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal form.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills to diagnose technical issues.
- You are a go getter with a self-starter attitude.
- You love taking responsibility and making something your own.
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is the largest pure-play Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider, keeping organizations safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that technology alone cannot prevent. Its 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), staffed by elite security analysts, hunts, investigates, and responds in real-time to known and unknown threats before they become business disrupting events. Protecting more than $6 trillion in corporate assets, eSentire absorbs the complexity of cybersecurity, delivering enterprise-grade protection and the ability to comply with growing regulatory requirements.
eSentire has been recognized in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™, Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers, and Gartner’s Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response. For more information, visit www.eSentire.comOpens a New Window. and follow @eSentireOpens a New Window..
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.