Senior Systems Administrator
Transform the way the world runs networks
As a Senior Systems Administrator you will be responsible for the design, support, administration, and management of a mixed Windows and Linux server environment. Reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure, you will act as both a resource and lead on a variety of IT projects such as system deployments and upgrades, as well as the implementation of new process or procedural improvements. You will have the ability to influence strategy, and participate in the planning and operation of a multi-site enterprise IT environment.
- Lead the design, implementation, and management of the company's Windows and Linux server infrastructure, operations, and automation.
- Participation in the setting standards for: hardware and software platforms, documentation (hardware, software), system architectures, security (antivirus, lockdown, etc.), redundancy (hot, cold, disaster recovery) ensuring alignment with best practices.
- Research and make recommendations to management for improvements to the organization’s hardware, software and infrastructure
- Integrate closely with the ITSM team to develop and implement desktop infrastructure standards and deployment technologies
- Deployment, management and administration of Windows, Linux, and VMWare servers
- Active Directory management and administration
- Administration of backup and storage systems
- Participation in the design, deployment and administration of various IT projects
- Navigate multiple time zone differences
- Act as the only subject matter expert
- Able to resolve conflicts with peers and business owners
- Decision making based primarily on problem solving
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks to completion
- Ensure work on projects are completed within established deadlines
- Consistent prioritization of work to achieve goals and timelines
- Critical observation and analytical thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good customer communication and documentation skills
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with business stakeholders and users, other IT team members and potentially, external contractors and vendors
What Skills You Bring
- Over five years of experience in a server administration and support role
- SME knowledge with Windows, Linux, and VMWare vSphere server environments
- Exposure to ITIL best practices in an enterprise environment
- Experience with SAN/NAS storage
- Basic IP network troubleshooting and resolution skills
Additional Technical Skills That Would Be Considered an Asset:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft System Center
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- VMWare vSphere
- Microsoft MDT 2013
Networks are evolving, and operators need to keep up. At Sandvine, we’re working with innovative customers who are looking to embrace change and constantly improve. By combining analytics, machine learning, and automation, we help hundreds of network operators around the world make their networks run simpler and smarter – all while exceeding their expectations.
As a Sandviner, you’ll take on new challenges, learn from industry leaders, and contribute to creative solutions as part of a growing team that is transforming the way the world runs networks.
What Can You Expect From Us
- Competitive salary
- Benefits and vacation from day one
- Commitment to employee health and well-being (e.g. on-site chiropractor and massage therapist, work from home opportunities, monthly fitness challenges)
- Daily lunch delivery services
- Fun work environment that includes team events, sports leagues, on-site gaming + complementary drinks and snacks
Sandvine Applicant Data Protection Authorization
Thank you for your interest in Sandvine. In order to consider you for possible employment with Sandvine, we need to collect and process some of your personal data. Please read the following Sandvine Data Protection Authorization and provide your consent to collect and process your personal information for employment consideration. Your data will be retained by Sandvine in our global recruitment system located in Canada for a period of five years.
The information you are submitting to Sandvine is considered personal information and may be protected by worldwide data protection laws, including but not limited to the Canadian PIPEDA and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Sandvine takes data privacy compliance very seriously and is committed to compliance with all applicable privacy laws. Sandvine requires your permission to collect, process, use, store, and share your personal information, as well as transfer this information to our recruitment system. Sandvine will not share, sell, or rent your personal information with or to third parties for their personal use without your consent. Access to your data will be strictly limited to Sandvine’s Staffing Operations, Recruitment Personnel, Sandvine Hiring Managers, and relevant employees selected to conduct employment interviews. Any individual requiring access to your personal data as part of his/her job responsibilities is trained on data privacy laws and held accountable for compliance.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to this authorization, including providing consent to collect your personal data for the purpose of potential employment or an internship with Sandvine. We will not be able to accept applications otherwise.
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role.
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability or disability.
If you have an interview or workplace accommodation request, please contact our Global Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.