We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Cash App is a mobile-first bank that ranks in the top 10 free apps on iOS. Every one of our customers needs fast and reliable access to their accounts, and the Cash Availability engineering team is responsible for making sure that happens. We care about infrastructure that makes it easy to write software that is secure, efficient, and tested. We examine metrics to find and fix any problems that arise from a massively scaled app, and if those metrics don’t exist we build them. We’re a team of senior engineers with a very wide breadth of experience, and we frequently work in teams to tackle big problems.
As a member of the Cash Availability engineering team, you’ll collaborate with us to:
- Own infrastructure projects that provide critical support for tremendous processing requirements
- Dig into the many parts of a large platform using a wide variety of analytical tooling, and if necessary, to add some new ones
- Use a data-driven approach to make the call on any new infrastructure that might need to be added, whether it’s off-the-shelf or built in-house
- Knock down pieces of infrastructure, examine the response, improve on it
- Unit test your stuff
- Work with bleeding edge cloud and database tech
- Boundless curiosity
- Drive to find flaws in a system with many moving parts and take whatever steps are necessary to fix them
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Jaeger, Prometheus, SignalFx
- Hibernate, Vitess, Guice
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.