Operations and Project Coordinator
Operations and Projects Coordinator
Head of Strategy & Operations
In today’s digital age, customers’ expectations have been elevated to unprecedented levels, demanding better, faster, and more convenient services. Non-traditional players, empowered by advanced technical tools and customer-centric innovation, are disrupting the financial services ecosystem and fueling competition. Rising to the challenge, FICANEX is rejuvenating its value proposition and exploiting innovation to get ahead of today’s challenges and become well-positioned to succeed in the future. The candidate will have the opportunity to build upon this value proposition and contribute to building our growing organization.
Ficanex is looking to add a dynamic and energetic team player who is able to integrate a myriad of skills to support the organization’s operational procedures and ongoing project implementations in the Canadian financial services space. The Operations and Project Coordinator should be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a small company with ambitious goals and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and work hard to ensure company success. The candidate should feel comfortable speaking with clients directly when required. Finally, this position is located in Oakville, however, the candidate will have the flexibility to work remotely, as performance is measured by deliverables that ensure project and company success.
Area of Focus
- Maintain monthly network statistical analysis and report on key business insights; requires proficiency in Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
- Provide first level of support for all transaction and registration issues to new and existing financial institutions; Act as first-line trouble- shooter for cardholder concerns and refer to appropriate party for support and resolution; Follow up on all outstanding issues in timely manner and escalate as required
- Update operational procedure manuals and send out notifications to financial institutions as required
- Participate and lead parts of an operational transformation to drive efficiency in the organization
- Assist in the Board of Directors annual election process and corporate filings
- Coordinate project meetings and take project meeting minutes
- Follow up with suppliers and clients to ensure deliverables are completed
- Maintain internal project plans and project action item lists
- Coordinate with internal and external teams to assign tasks
- Update presentation materials for clients
- Execute and manage deliverables on the project for onboarding clients
- Produce financial status reports of ongoing projects
- Execute operational tasks for onboarding clients and transitioning to support them post project
- Assist in fintech product and service evaluations and conduct research as required
- Conduct strategic assessment analyses as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor/College degree in Business Administration
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Comfortable in a lean operating environment. Has a healthy appetite for risk and experimentation over bureaucracy
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Effective communicator and comfortable speaking to all employee levels within an organization
- Strong analytical aptitude with strategic mindset
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Understands financial impacts of decisions
- A very hard worker and someone who thrives on delivering results and adding value
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Principled with integrity and strong convictions
About the Ficanex Group:
FICANEX Services Limited Partnership owns and operates THE EXCHANGE® surcharge-free ATM Network in Canada. Since the formation of FICANEX Services Limited Partnership over 17 years ago, THE EXCHANGE Network has grown from a B.C. regional based network to a network that spans coast to coast to coast. With over 170 financial institutions participating in THE EXCHANGE Network, providing their over 3,500 ATMs nationally.
FICANEX Technology Limited Partnership was formed in July 2017 to create tunl.™, the technical pathway between the fintech world of services and solutions and tier-2 financial institutions. Utilizing the connectivity that has been developed between THE EXCHANGE Network and member financial institutions, tunl. will provide new and innovative solutions to member financial institutions in an efficient, collaborative way.
FICANEX offers a competitive bonus, RRSP, benefits program and vacation allowances to eligible employees. A MacBook is provided to perform the duties of the job and reimbursement of cellphone expenses for business use is available. A strong work-life balance is emphasized at the organization and professional development opportunities are available. FICANEX is a dog friendly workplace.