Are you seeking an environment where you can apply your leading edge knowledge in optics, vision, electronics and software skills and knowledge? Be part of a team that provides world leading products to today’s leading aerospace and heavy equipment manufacturers. Do you want to feel your work can lead to significant contributions to a company’s future?
We are looking for an R&D engineer to work on Virtek’s current and future technologies to develop world class products for the Aerospace, Industrial and Construction industries. Work in a small but dedicated team of engineers and scientist that have been providing laser projection and vision products for over 30 years.
A commitment to teamwork and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Your technical expertise in the fields of vision systems, optical design, laser physics and systems design should be accompanied by an enjoyment for working on complex systems, being product driven, and striving to continuously enhance your skills and those of the people you work with.
About the Company:
Virtek Vision International, is a leading provider of precision laser- and vision-based manufacturing and inspection solutions. Our worldwide customers include the largest global Aerospace, Heavy Equipment, automotive and F1 companies. Our solutions enable customers to manufacture their products more accurately, faster and at a lower cost.
Be an Impactful player to Virtek’s R&D Team by:
- Performing research and development to develop new products and technologies
- Design and developing laser and vision based solutions for projection and inspection technologies
- Conducting research on future technologies and provide reports and presentations to engineering and management team
- Developing algorithms for core technologies
- Identify and develop IP to support Virtek’s patent portfolio
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree (Ph.D. preferred) in Engineering, Physics or related technology field
- Experience with vision, optical and opto-mechanical systems
- Strong understanding of electronics
- Understanding of solid state (DPSS/LED) lasers
- Experience with embedded hardware and operating systems (Linux)
- Proven capability modelling and predicting the performance of complex systems
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C, C++, C#
- Experience with Zemax optical design software an asset
- 5+ years of experience in product research and development
- Very strong mathematics background with excellent analytical abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Virtek encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available upon request. Should you need an accomodation at any stage of the recruitment process please contact us at 519-746-7190 ext. 202.