JOB DESCRIPTION – Full Stack Engineering Intern
Ecopia.ai is an industry leading AI company specializing in extracting insights from geospatial big data. Millions of geospatial images are captured every day by satellites, airplanes, and other vehicles - Ecopia converts this flood of pixels into high definition (HD) vector maps, leveraging AI to empower a wide range of decision makers.
As an intern, you will have the incredible experience of working alongside our product engineering team. You will receive on-the-job training and an abundance of learning opportunities while working on a graduated deliverable system that will challenge your skills. Full-time employment opportunities are available for successful students.
We are looking for talented self-starting engineers who enjoy diving into a subject and getting their hands dirty. Ecopia is located in the beautiful MaRS Discovery District building at 101 College Street in Toronto. Come join us on the journey to map the world!
- Working with the product team to improve the efficiency map visualization system to enable fast access and visualize images and vector maps at scale
- Working with the product team to develop map API and computing environment (with container technology) to support running customized geospatial big data analysis on the cloud
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Background in computer science or related field
- Solid programming experience in C++/Python
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Understanding of data storage technologies (MySQL, NoSQL, Redis, etc) is plus
- Understanding of container technologies such as docker is a plus
- Experience with technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Map Reduce, Spark, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume, etc is a plus
- Experience with developing cloud based software service for data visualization and processing is a plus
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Ecopia.ai is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.