Data Science Intern
JOB DESCRIPTION – Data Science Intern
Ecopia.ai is an industry leading AI company specializing in extracting insights from geospatial big data. Millions of geospatial images are captured every day by satellites, airplanes, and other vehicles - Ecopia converts this flood of pixels into high definition (HD) vector maps, leveraging AI to empower a wide range of decision makers.
As an intern, you will have the incredible experience of working alongside our data science and engineering experts. You will receive on-the-job training and an abundance of learning opportunities while working on a graduated deliverable system that will challenge your skills. Full-time employment opportunities are available for successful students.
We are looking for talented self-starting engineers who enjoy diving into a subject and getting their hands dirty. Ecopia is located in the beautiful MaRS Discovery District building at 101 College Street in Toronto. Come join us on the journey to map the world!
- Work with data science team to develop machine learning algorithms to extract insight from terabytes of geospatial big data to empower decision markers arranging from retail, insurance, real estate, telecom, logistics, mobile advertisement, and government
- Work with product team to transfer research into new products, new processes and new business areas to empower a wide range of decision makers
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Background in Computer Science/Statistics or related fields
- Solid programming experience in C++, python
- Knowledge in big data frameworks and distributed computing tools (e.g. Spark, Hadoop) for analysis, data mining and modeling
- Familiar with common statistical and machine learning methods
- Experience with deep learning is a plus
- Experience with AWS is a plus
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Ecopia.ai is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
More search results
Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer – Imaging S…
Huron Technologies International Inc.
Marketing and Lead Generation Manager
Project Manager | eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company)
Front End Angular Security Builder Extraordinaire