IGNIS is an emissive display technology company formed in 2000 by Dr. Arokia Nathan and his multi-disciplinary research group at the University of Waterloo. From its humble beginnings in Waterloo IGNIS has become a pioneer in the development of pixel circuits and compensation systems for Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode (AMOLED) displays. AMOLED displays are a growing market segment in devices such as mobile phones, televisions, Virtual Reality (VR), and Augmented Reality (AR). The IGNIS technology is at the forefront of AMOLED display development with solutions to address the challenges faced by the industry.
Our team of circuit designers develop all aspects of the display including the pixel circuit, display layout, display driver, and interconnect circuitry and design of the custom sensing IC. Complementing the circuit design team is a dedicated group of software developers focused on the operating system code development.
Working with global leaders in the AMOLED display industry IGNIS has designed and jointly developed many prototype displays ranging from 2 to 65 inch UHD. Our collaboration with Industry leaders has resulted in the execution of a Patent License agreement with LG Display Co., Ltd. We are proud to be a leading intellectual property and technology development company operating in the emerging and fast-growing AMOLED display industry, part of the $100B worldwide flat panel display market. IGNIS continues to provide technology that will DRIVE, MEASURE, and COMPENSATE emissive displays.
Are you interested in being an integral part of this exciting leading-edge technology team?
We are looking for an experienced Analog/IC layout engineer who can contribute unique and practical solutions using imagination and creativity.
What you’ll do:
- Perform block level as well as top-level analog mixed-signal layout design of drivers, sensing circuits and data acquisition including ADC, DAC, opamp, comparator, bandgap, voltage buffer and S&H with unique features using standard CMOS technology.
- Layout design of AMOLED display circuits and pixels using Thin Film Transistor (TFT) technology.
- Provide detailed layout floorplan and matching for sensitive routings and components
- Schematic entry for dummy devices, resizing devices, and debugging LVS issues.
- Physical Verification including DRC, LVS, ERC, PEX, and Antenna debug.
- The ideal candidate will be able to take responsibility for complex layout designs and deliver on tight timescales.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Analog IC and display layout Design.
- Experience with Cadence Virtuoso as well as working knowledge of Calibre or Assura verification methodology and flow
- Knowledge of TFT and OLED process for AMOLED/LCD displays.
- Proficiency in floor planning and assembly from block to full chip level
- Experience with display and pixel circuit layout.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute ideas for improved schematic and layout interaction
- An understanding of layout techniques such as common centroid, matching, isolation, and the use of dummy devices.
- Ability to solve design problems using technical skills, intuition, and creativity
- Ability to work independently as well as in a cross-functional team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Working in a casual, friendly and supportive environment you will be part of the team that improves the quality, longevity, and affordability of AMOLED displays.
- This is a 12-month contract with a high chance of an extension for the right candidate
- Salary commensurate with experience.
*IGNIS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.