The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for upholding the high-quality standards of NDI, ensuring that product deliveries are accurate, on time and cost effective. Additional responsibilities will be delegated on a project basis within the Operations group.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist in organizing, controlling and maintaining all material movement outside of NDI’s manufacturing facility
- Prepare customs documents for exporting goods (B13)
- Prepare carnets and letters of credit
- Generate daily/monthly metric reports for operations and accounting departments
- Create and review daily shipping backlog with production and materials team
- Assist in daily receiving of incoming goods
- Responsible for picking and packing of all sales orders 2 days prior to actual ship date
- Perform the actual shipment of product as well as electronically in an ERP system for both domestic and international customers
- Work with all freight forwarders to ensure that best value, on time delivery and quality objectives are met
- Work with team to perform monthly/annual Inventory cycle counts and ensure inventory accuracy
- Assist operations team in successfully meeting all corporate goals of 99% shipment accuracy
- Participate/lead 5s initiatives while maintaining a safe and clean work environment
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Materials Management
- 5 years in domestic and international logistics
- Proficiency in UPS and FedEx database
- Knowledge of 5s principles and tactical execution
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing practices and quality standards
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Motivated self-starter.
- Time management skills
- Ability to complete duties with minimal supervision, keen attention to detail and a desire to continuously improve
- Capable of lifting up to approximately 50lbs.
- CSA – approved safety footwear
- A desire to participate in cross functional continuous improvement teams
NDI is a global leading innovator and manufacturer of advanced 3D measurement technology systems, with over 45,000 installations worldwide. For over 30 years, the company's optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking solutions have been trusted by the world's foremost organizations and institutes in medicine, industry and academia. From image-guided surgery to aeronautics; from quality assurance to biomechanics research, NDI solutions are used whenever best-in-class measurement accuracy and reliability are required.
If you’re interested in furthering your career in a dynamic and innovative organization, please visit www.ndigital.com/careers/ where you can apply online!
We thank all candidates for their interest in joining NDI, however, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. For more information about NDI and this position, please visit our website: www.ndigital.com.