Back End Software Engineer
- $80K-$95K Base Salary + Bonus
- Job Function
- Engineering, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 80,000 - 99,000
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
The Group Benefits team is looking for seasoned Back End Software Engineers with an engineering mindset and a passion for designing, developing and improving cool software products. You collaborate with platform and software engineers, platform reliability engineers, Product Owners, and engineering leadership to uncover pain points and opportunities to accelerate the delivery of new value through software. You thrive on delivering resilient and scalable applications, with a focus on continuous delivery and operational insight. Creativity in solving problems is your strength. You are always learning by using new tools and technologies. Communicating effectively is what you do!
We're not who you think we are!
We're not some stuffy, old insurance company. We're a large financial company with a mission; “Decisions made easier. Lives made Better” and a new focus - transforming to a digital customer-centric leader. We are all in with Agile, modern tools and processes. We have no speed limit for this transformation! Get on board quickly, before this opportunity speeds past!
We need someone with the following experience/skills/knowledge:
- .NET Core, ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server
- RESTful services, JSON
- Test Driven Development
- GitLab / GitHub
- Jenkins, Docker, and SonarQube for a DevOps chain
- Jira, Confluence
- Kafka, NiFi
- React (experience with other frameworks, such as Angular, will work), GraphQL, Relay
- Bonus points for cloud development, especially Pivotal Cloud Foundry and / or Azure
What Work Will I be Doing?
We're looking for seasoned developers to complete our team. We are in the process of transforming, and we’re looking for people to learn and grow with us! Your responsibilities would include:
- Working with Agile team members to come up with solutions to problems
- Delivering on requirements for new and existing clients
- Developing new solutions and maintaining existing ones
- Helping to continuously improve tooling and processes
- Participating in peer reviews
- Enjoying your job!
Am I Right for the Job?
We're looking for passionate, motivated individuals to join our team's exciting journey as we grow, pioneer, and innovate. Experience with any or all the tools and technologies we use is a huge plus, but don't let one of those list items deter you! If you're excited by the notion of joining a team that is going to disrupt, make a name for itself, and have fun doing it, we want to hear from you!
Why is this job Important?
Our team deals with companies who want to provide great benefits packages to keep their employees healthy (physically and mentally!) and happy. We make this a reality by providing a customized onboarding experience allowing companies to offer what THEIR employees want.
What Will I Learn on this Job?
You will learn about working in a large organization, all the tools and technologies mentioned above (including DevOps!) and thanks to a supportive company with a culture of continuous learning and improvement, whatever else you want! Tell us what you want to learn and we'll help you get there!
What about Perks?
Manulife has lots of perks including, but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement Savings Accounts including a RPP (Pension Plan), RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan), and TFSA (Tax Free Savings account)
- Manulife Share Ownership Program with employer matching
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 100% of Mental Health expenses
- Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education
- Wearing jeans to work every day
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work from home arrangements, distributed teams, and condensed work week arrangements
Ok, I'm Sold. Now what?
Send us a resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to work with us! We're excited to hear from you!