Full Stack Software Engineer (Support)
- $95K - $110K Base Salary + Performance Bonus
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 100,000 - 119,999
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
The Group Benefits team is looking for seasoned engineers with an engineering mindset and a passion for designing, developing, improving and supporting cool software products, particularly data streaming technologies. You will initially join a development team to assist in the delivery of customer centric solutions. You would then transition into a support role, where you would ensure continued delivery of customer value. You thrive on delivering resilient and scalable applications, with a focus on continuous delivery and operational insight. Creativity in solving problems is your strength. You are always learning by using new tools and technologies. Communicating effectively is what you do! Operational support of technologies is nothing new to you. You understand its importance.
We're not who you think we are!
We're not some stuffy, old insurance company. We're a large financial company with a mission: “Decisions made easier. Lives made Better” and a new focus - transforming to a digital customer-centric leader. We are all-in with Agile, modern tools and processes. We have no speed limit for this transformation! Get on board quickly, before this opportunity speeds past!
We need someone who:
Has experience working with enterprise data movement systems and tools such as Apache NIFI, Informatica PowerCenter, SQL Server Integration Services, or similar
- Has experience working with enterprise messaged-based solutions such as MSMQ or Kafka
- Has experience with Web application development including SOAP and Restful Web Services
- Has experience with application servers, such as IIS or similar
- Has knowledge of C#, .NET or Java
- Is familiar with JSON and/or XML data formats
- Has experience with some of the following (i.e. nice to have):
- Cloud-based technologies, such as PCF and/or Azure SQL Server PaaS
- GitLab, Jenkins, Artifactory, and automated build and deployment pipelines
- Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, Outlook, Skype
- Will participate in a paid on-call rotation
- Is responsible for monitoring, analyzing and optimizing software architectures and maintaining software environments to best support testing and deployment under continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Resolves persistent platform issues when surfaced by technical support teams
- Maintains and manages platform systems
- Takes ownership of operational and support activities
- Addresses incidents and problems, with rotational accountability for on-call support
- Builds, codes, tests and maintains high quality platforms
- Has strong SQL skills
Am I Right for the Job?
We're looking for passionate, motivated individuals to join our team's exciting journey as we grow, pioneer, and innovate. Experience with any or all the tools and technologies we use is a huge plus, but don't let one of those list items deter you! If you're excited by the notion of joining a team that is going to disrupt, make a name for itself, and have fun doing it, we want to hear from you!
Why is this Job Important?
Our team deals with companies who want to provide great benefits packages to keep their employees healthy and happy. We make this a reality by providing a customized onboarding experience allowing companies to offer what THEIR clients want.
What Will I Learn on this Job?
You will learn about working in a large organization, all the tools and technologies mentioned above and - thanks to a supportive company, with a culture of continuous learning and improvement - whatever else you want! Tell us what you want to learn and we'll help you get there!
What about Perks?
Manulife has lots of perks including, but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement Savings Accounts including a RPP (Pension Plan), RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan), and TFSA (Tax Free Savings account)
- Manulife Share Ownership Program with employer matching
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 100% of Mental Health expenses
- Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education
- Wearing jeans to work every day
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work from home arrangements, distributed teams, and condensed work week arrangements
Ok, I'm Sold. Now what?
We're excited to hear from you! Please send us a resume.