Senior Mechanical Developer
Connectivity is critical to the success of today’s organizations. It’s our vision to deliver reliable connectivity anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too. We are privately held, and ‘Great Place to Work’ certified. Want to learn more? Reach out to our People and Culture team at email@example.com!
We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Developer looking for an exciting opportunity to join our Hardware Engineering team in an advanced role. The role consists of a broad mix of mechanical design, development, engineering analysis, and manufacturing liaison. This position is based out of our Waterloo head office, reporting to the Hardware Manager.
- Lead the mechanical design of products that will deliver an amazing experience to our customers
- Conduct FEA, mechanical, and thermal analysis as needed
- Lead the integration, prototyping, and testing of products as well as taking them to production
- Define and perform quality and reliability tests on new/existing product designs
- Work within an interdisciplinary team to develop and document technical requirements and overall designs for new products and updates to existing products
- Work alongside vendors to deliver high-quality parts and assemblies into production
- Collaborate with Purchasing and vendors to source key components and assemble them into high-quality products
- Investigate current and future technologies that can be utilized in our products
- Work closely with team members to address feedback from internal and external customers
- Develop new intellectual property for Dejero
- Highly organized with a strong process orientation – familiar with standard design methodologies
- A "can do" attitude—passionate about quality and getting things “right” while delivering high quality in all you do
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to quickly evaluate alternatives
- Customer-focused approach
- A consummate team player who strives to serve internal and external customers and deliver a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Ability to multitask and prioritize issues in a fast-paced environment
- Completed a university degree in a relevant field (Mechanical, Mechatronics Engineering)
- Previous experience designing custom electronic enclosures and thermal design
- Proven experience in product design and development
- Experience dealing with deadlines and high-pressure situations
- Strong 3D modeling and technical drawing generation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Any of the following are considered an asset:
- Experience with Solidworks
- Experience with PC based products and systems
- Experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment
- Experience with software development and/or scripting languages
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier-free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact the People and Culture team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 519.772.4824.
More search results
Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer – Imaging S…
Huron Technologies International Inc.
Marketing and Lead Generation Manager
Project Manager | eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company)
Front End Angular Security Builder Extraordinaire