Connectivity is critical to the success of today’s organizations. It’s our vision to deliver reliable connectivity anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too. We are privately held, and ‘Great Place to Work’ certified. Want to learn more? Reach out to our People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We are looking for two self-starters to join our Software Quality Assurance team for our key video broadcast products. Currently, the bulk of the testing is manual due to the nature of the applications. As such, we need a brilliant tester who pays close attention to how software works, gets pumped about devising tests and finding problems and likes having a clear, “big picture” context on one hand and digging into details on the other. This position is based out of our Waterloo head office, reporting to the SQA Manager.
- Formally plan and execute testing for software projects including building, designing, documenting, executing and modifying test cases, plans and procedures
- Explore systems under test, identify risks, notice anomalies, and isolate issues as needed, using simple scripts where applicable
- Concisely report on findings and test results
- Work closely with software development, product management, and customer support teams to provide timely and effective input on product quality
- Devise ways to automate current manual test tasks and report summary results
Required Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of networking technologies, communication protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, WebSockets) and traffic capture
- Administrative-level knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing
- Familiarity with Requirements Management, Test Management, and Defect Tracking Tools
- Experience with test automation using Python or similar languages is required
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems that include software, custom hardware, web systems and, cloud-based infrastructure
- Proven ability with and passion for critical thinking, problem-solving and technical troubleshooting
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in the software industry, potentially in a software development team.
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- Experience in waterfall, incremental and agile methodologies
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with video/audio formats and encoding and decoding technologies
- Exposure to wireless cellular network technologies and cellular modem communication
- Experience with databases such as MySQL and MongoDB
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier-free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact the People and Culture team by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 519.772.4824.