Backend Engineer - Data Integrity
Hims / Hers is a health and wellness brand revolutionizing the game of preventative healthcare for ALL people. Recognized as one of the fastest growing direct to consumer tech companies in the world, hims/hers is leading the charge in breaking down the barrier of the current system: rethinking electronic medical record systems, asynchronous medicine, affordable and reliable medical grade solutions, and many other challenges involved with connecting doctors to patients efficiently. Backed by some of the best VCs in the world, including Forerunner, Thrive, Redpoint and IVP, you will be at the forefront of disruptive changes to the healthcare industry while working with a diverse team that achieved gender parity from directors up to C-Level.
Become part of the himsnation and hersnation today and be a part of changing the face of healthcare worldwide.
What You’ll Do - Function
- Collaborate with system architects, analysts and domain owners to achieve project goals
- Build and execute DML scripts to identify and remediate failed transactions and real-time processing events
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of issues, including in-depth technical analysis, troubleshooting, and engaging of appropriate subject matter experts as needed to drive incident and problem management
- Build repeatable processes, leveraging best practices with focus on continuous improvement and automation
- Ensure the data integrity of all information systems and corporate information through the implementation and maintenance of established system management practices and controls
- Track and prioritize customer issues; work with the engineering team to troubleshoot and investigate issues; identify root cause and determine applicable solutions
- Design modifications or adaptations to existing software to resolve specific issues
- Provide updates and explanations and present solutions for technical issues to engineering, operations and customer service teams
- Serve as a subject matter expert on data sources, structure, or definitions
- Provide technical assistance to sort out database related issues, identify errors and resolve in a proper way
- Create systems to monitor and improve data integrity and reliability
What You Bring - Experience
- In-depth technical expertise regarding data models, data analysis and design, master data management, metadata management, and data quality improvement
- Expert knowledge of SQL-based technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server)
- Knowledge of application programming, database and system design, structure, functions and processes, and database tools
What You Have - Skill
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop technical specifications
- Ability to quickly analyze and understand business rules, underlying data and database architectures
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.