Business Development Representative
Working closely with our founder and CEO we are looking for a confident, organized and dynamic Business Development Representative who wants to help us grow our social enterprise by helping us maximizing our current revenue opportunities and building out our sales pipeline. This role will play a critical part in terms of introducing Marlena Books to prospective customers, messaging the Marlena Books mission and value proposition and identifying new sales opportunities.
Surrounded by a small team of passionate and purpose-driven people with a proven track record of success, this role offers the opportunity to be rewarded for initiative and results, with the potential for taking on a variety of challenges. We are looking for someone focussed on success while building out a foundation our business.
- Qualify top-of-funnel sales opportunities – both inbound and outbound
- Connect with potential customers through phone calls, emails, and social media
- Research potential customers and accounts to identify key players and areas of interest or fit
- Present Marlena Books to potential customers across a variety of markets from
- Set meetings and ensure the right information is distributed to both customers and team members
- Work closely with internal team members to schedule meetings and presentations
- Implement and use the CRM solution to manage and track opportunity interactions and facilitate smooth customer transactions
- Collaborate on sales initiatives and new campaign development
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in our markets
Requirements and Assets:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience with a variety of sales techniques [such as cold calls]
- A high level of aptitude for creative problem solving
- An independent and creative thinker willing to hustle and be a team player
- The desire for continuous growth personally and professionally
- Experience working with CRM software is a plus
- Familiarity with MS Excel and other Office programs is also a plus
- Experience selling to governments, libraries, institutions, Healthcare industry
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
- An interest in sales/business development as a career
If this opportunity has caught your attention, send us a resume and a cover letter letting us know why you should be the next to join our team.