Virtual Causeway is a premier high-tech sales and marketing services firm that specializes in demand generation, inside sales and primary research services. Our customers and corporate partners not only include industry leaders, but also some of the most innovative technology corporations in North America. We get to work with some pretty cool clients from a variety of leading and emerging brands in B2B technology!
We’re currently looking for a dynamic Office Manager to join our growing team. You are the person that holds the office together – taking care of the details that keep the business operating effectively.
This is a central and critical role for our organization – supporting leadership in our “all hands on deck” environment. The Office Manager role varies daily, and encompasses overall day-to-day office operations. This includes, but is not limited to: being the key contact for facility management, general HR administration and recruitment support; developing processes and systems for efficiency; assisting with client projects and compiling project reporting and presentations; and providing day-to-day support for our leadership team. This is a great opportunity for a strategic thinker looking for a fast-paced role that has a passion for growing in a small business focused on marketing and technology.
By ensuring that all day-to-day activities run smoothly, you support our business leaders and the operational teams so they can concentrate on business growth and success. As you grow in your role, you’ll have an opportunity to participate in business operations, marketing, and sales – and develop a broad range of skills. If you’re looking for a fast-paced leadership role with lots of variety, joining our team as office manager may be the career for you!
- Working, collaborating and communicating with senior leadership team to deliver professional execution of deliverables on time and on budget
- Ensuring the overall office is running smoothly and effectively at all times by serving as the first point of contact for all facilities maintenance, ongoing safety adherence, and issue resolution
- Providing accounting support through various activities, such as accounts receivable, invoicing, financial summaries and project costing
- Assisting with Human Resources activities such as recruitment and selection, onboarding new employees, coordinating employee training and events, confidential filing and documentation maintenance
- Organizing and documenting office operations and procedures; and ensuring these procedures are being followed
- Supporting Project Managers with client project operations and execution, reporting, project set up, training, scheduling, data analysis, documentation and project roll-outs
- Mentoring and supporting operational team members to foster achievement of project goals and deliverables, while maintaining high quality standards – work to keep engagement and motivation levels high!
- Assisting with sales and marketing projects such as presentations, RFP preparation, corporate events, communications and reporting
While we do provide training for our team members, to be successful at the role, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree - with a focus on Business, Marketing, or Human Resources
- Minimum 3-5 years’ office management, project, program management, supporting senior executives in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong proficiency with MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Attention to detail and data accuracy. Monitors own quality of work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to “think outside the box”, and provide innovative solutions to administrative issues/ tasks
- Self-motivation with the ability to take initiative, while also engaging stakeholders
- Proactive and independent approach to problem solving, and ability to make good decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- An 'in charge' presence and a passion to get things done
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to cover peak periods
And, it’s REALLY great if you have the following:
- Previous sales and marketing and/or project management experience
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools
- Experience with talent acquisition
- An aptitude to learn technical product information quickly