We are a dynamic high-tech design firm who specializes in leading-edge electronic product development. Our software team innovate, design and deliver next generation products for clients in emerging technology markets.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about designing and working with new technologies, is driven to win, and is excited to apply their creative skills. We are a growing company that can have a great deal of impact with lots of exciting challenges.
Embedded Software Designer Advantages at Fidus
· Cutting edge technology. As a Xilinx Premium Partner, Fidus is involved in assessing and implementing the newest technologies, often before they are released to market
· Ability to direct your career path, in the highly sought-after areas of High-Performance Computing
· High Speed Communication, and High-Resolution Video
· Flexible work hours
· Fully stocked kitchen offering complimentary lunches, snacks and beverages any time of the day
Required Skills and Experience
· Strength in object-oriented design principles and implementation
· Familiarity with networking protocols
· Experience with Linux in both desktop and embedded configurations
· Familiarity with PERL, TCL, Python script languages, and the Xilinx SDK
· Exhibit strong communication skills, are fluent in English, have great customer interaction presence, and quickly learn new technologies and processes
· Proven techniques and habits that lead to high quality design
· Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
· 8+ years’ experience coding using RTOS and bare metal environments
· Knowledge of assembly, C, and C++ programming in embedded environments, and proficiency in the tools used in these development environments.
· Background in low cost microcontrollers and advanced, multi-core processors, including the use of low-level device drivers and boot-loaders
· An understanding of digital hardware design and in HW/SW/FPGA integration
· Experience with the complete software design cycle, from requirement definition through to system integration and verification
Be a key contributor on challenging projects. Lead in your area of expertise, influencing change and growth in our product and services roadmaps, all the while being exposed to some of the biggest names in our industry!