Territory Sales Manager
Type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Waterloo, ON
Experience: 3+ years’ experience as a successful Software and/or Technical Sales professional
Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, OCTOPUZ Inc. provides offline robot programming and simulation software for businesses of all sizes, from small shops to global corporations. OCTOPUZ is a complete software solution that enables users to program and simulate industrial robots at their computer while generating robot specific code to run jobs in production. Our software solution supports a wide variety of robot applications including welding, trimming, painting, 3-D printing, and more. OCTOPUZ offers a powerful, flexible, and customizable environment where users can program multiple robots simultaneously without interrupting production.
Our focus is to provide a software solution that enables companies to reach a higher level of efficiency with their processes and opens opportunities for them to enter new markets and expand their business potential.
To learn more, visit our website at www.octopuz.com
You are a go-getter who seizes opportunities and takes control of your own success. You are truly passionate about sales and innovative technologies, motivated by the belief in the value of what you sell and are excited by the world of robotics and automation. You have a proven history of consistently exceeding sales targets through prospecting, hunting, developing client relationships and taking an opportunity from lead through to close. You have demonstrated success of achieving your goals by actively managing your sales strategies and pipeline. You are persuasive and persistent with excellent negotiation skills and a hyper-competitive spirit that drives you to overachieve.
About the Role:
Build a pipe, manage an existing one, grow revenue within existing accounts and hunt for net new opportunities!
How will you succeed?
- Develop Quarterly Territory Sales plans and actively manage your sales strategies and pipeline to achieve revenue targets for both new and existing customers.
- Research and contact new business prospects; driving new opportunities through qualification to close.
- Qualify inbound leads according to guidelines including contacting leads as necessary to ensure proper qualification and scoping.
- Foster a strong and productive business relationship with OCTOPUZ customers and to grow sales revenue of assigned key accounts.
- Analyze business and technical requirements to fully understand and articulate your customers' needs and bridge with your technical understanding of how OCTOPUZ products and services solve your customers' business problems.
- Generate and present quotes to Customers.
- Work with internal teams, including Customer Success and Application Engineering to execute software demonstrations and develop Statements of Work tailored to customer-specific applications.
- Expand your network within the automation industry by interacting with robot manufacturers, robot integrators and other industry participants.
- Represent OCTOPUZ at trade shows and other industry events.
- Review Purchase Orders to ensure they match quotations.
- Utilize Salesforce software as a support tool through the sales process and engagements with customers.
- Proven history of using solution selling techniques that lead to exceeding sales targets.
- Strong and effective communicator and relationship-builder across all organizational levels, from front-line workers to top-level executives.
- A proven ability to decipher technically complex concepts into simple messages.
- Strong and skilled presenter with proven experience preparing and delivering compelling technical demonstrations and proposals to new and existing customers.
- A proven ability to quickly learn technical concepts.
- The ability and willingness to travel; a valid passport, driver's license and access to your own vehicle are required as travel accounts for roughly 25%-30% of the employee's time in a year.
- Professional proficiency in French and/or Spanish is considered an asset.