Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
Covering NPI and Sustaining Production, the Manufacturing Engineer role requires a deep technical knowledge of electro-mechanical assembly, DFM and problem solving of process, product and material variation. We are looking for someone who thrives on solving complex problems, can work autonomously, and can successfully influence the product design to optimize manufacturing quality, cost and delivery.
As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will:
- Lead design for manufacturing (DFM) requirements by engaging all internal and third parties to provide solutions that focus on product quality, cost and delivery
- Lead process development for NPI (New Product Introduction) and sustaining production in Waterloo and at our outsourced locations, including technology/process transfer activities to outsourced locations
- Facilitate and conduct root cause corrective actions (RCCA) investigations into issues from suppliers, process or design, and analyze field returns for improvement opportunities
- Work with the manufacturing team to define the process flow and resolve bottlenecks
- Define assembly process tooling requirements and manage qualification plan of vendors
- Work with Engineering to resolve design issues that impact manufacturing yield and quality
- Provide mentoring and coaching to other team members
- Other duties as assigned
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing, meaning you are hands on and thinking at the same time “Think, then do”. You see your success through the overall performance of the company and its reputation. You are comfortable working with cross functional teams and supporting your colleagues to help everyone get things done right. You thrive on challenge and learning but most of all, you want to be a part of something and see the results of you and your colleagues work.
What You Bring
- Mechanical Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in the electronics manufacturing industry
- Broad knowledge of assembly and manufacturing processes
- Experience in troubleshooting electromechanical assemblies
- Ability to communicate and quantify issues clearly and concisely
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview please email careers at aeryon.com or call (519) 489-6726