PHP Full Stack Developer
SpeakFeel is a fast growing development house that is looking to expand the team with passionate and entrepreneurial team members. We are building solutions for some of the biggest brands in North America as well as focusing on our own product offerings. Our future is bright with visions of artificial intelligence and blockchain technology! We need you, who is passionate about learning and contributing to our continued growth.
Our salaries are competitive and our environment is fun and fast-paced!
You are a Full Stack PHP Developer who is passionate about creating web based applications across multiple device platforms. You have an interest in the full stack including cloud services, database, web sites, front-end presentation, back-end management, and mobile applications (both web and native). You also have the ability to work integrate these elements together.
You are someone who is well-organized, resourceful, flexible, has the ability to multitask, and has extraordinary attention to detail. You must have strong communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external resources. A willingness to take ownership and work independently under tight deadlines is a must.
Your ideal skill set includes:
- 3 to 5+ years experience building web sites and applications with exposure to a service-based environment.
- Strong working knowledge of PHP and one or more related frameworks (Slim, Larval, Symphony, Drupal, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a command line environment (Unix Shell).
- Intermediate knowledge of cloud based server management and setup using Amazon Web Service (either Windows Server or Linux)
- Experience writing and maintaining automated tests.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, etc.).
- Strong understanding of fundamental object-oriented programming principles.
- Experience with cross-platform and cross-browser website testing.
- Familiar with front-end testing and debugging tools
- Familiar with Git, AWS and Jenkins
- Familiar with JIRA and Teamwork
- Comfortable working with version control (specifically Git).
- Self-starter with excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Desire to work on a small team.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Savvy, conceptual thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of web development standards.
- Appreciation for statistical analysis and the power of data-driven decisions.
- Ability to formulate articulate opinions on product design and engineering issues with a focus in finding the most effective solution.
- A deep sense of product ownership.
It would be really great if you also had:
- Experience with at least one Native Mobile Development platform (iOS or Android).
- Advanced working knowledge of server administration and deployment.
- Experience developing for native iOS and/or Android platforms.
- Contribution to open source projects (send us your Github account).
- Test Driven Development (TDD) experience.
- Agile based development experience.
- Knowledge of Blockchain, specifically Ethereum and HyperLedger.
- Develop projects from start to finish: front-end, back-end, testing, deploymentetc.
- Estimate development efforts for potential and upcoming projects.
- Plan and propose technical approaches for potential and upcoming projects.
- Mentor and inspire other team members.
- Providing systems analysis, problem-solving support, and necessary development support
- Assisting in the development of project plans for major technical activities.