Director of Product
Who we are:
RouteThis is a funded startup in downtown Kitchener that’s changing the way companies handle support around the world. Instead of dealing with frustrating, hour-long support calls or email chains that last for weeks, we’ve built a platform that gives technical support teams the answers they need to immediately fix customers’ issues or help customers solve the problems themselves before needing to call that 1-800 number on the back of the box. If you want work on the next generation of support diagnostics that takes the support paradigm and flips it on its head, RouteThis is where you want to be!
Who we’re looking for:
RouteThis is looking for a Director of Product. Working closely with engineering, sales, customer success and the CEO, you’ll own the RouteThis product roadmap from start to finish. As a dedicated product leader, you’ll engage closely with customers, end users, and internal stakeholders, have the ability to create and shape the product and engineering process, play a pivotal role in understanding customer and business needs, and evolve the product strategy to disrupt the $15 billion consumer tech support industry.
- Listening to customers’ needs and uncovering specific use cases to enable the right solutions
- Understanding and articulating the value of support automation from from a technical and business perspective
- Discerning end user behaviour and translating it into product improvements
- Delivering compelling customer-facing demos/presentations as part of pre/post-sale initiatives
- Understanding the competitive landscape and helping to position product strategy accordingly
- Designing user experiences (UX)
- Managing development timelines and delivering great products on time.
- Communicating overall status, issues, risks and outcomes to the CEO and other Key Stakeholders
What you need:
- 5+ years of work experience in technical product management or combined experience in relevant technical roles such as solutions consulting, systems integration, technical support, professional services consulting, product training, or technical field enablement
- Proficiency with enterprise software
- Prior experience in a SaaS, Cloud Services, or Software environment
- Prior work experience in a call centre or Internet Service Provider an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, etc..)
- Superior problem solving and decision-making skills, with proven ability to make recommendations to management and influence business decisions
- Growth: As a rapidly growing startup, we’re constantly facing new challenges and prefer to promote from within. We reward hard work, so if you’re interested in growing your career in product management, this role is a great next step.
- Team Environment: At RouteThis you’ll be working on a highly-motivated team full of the best Sales, Marketing, and Engineering talent you can find. We are carefully selective on who we hire as we’re a close team!
- Fun: Monthly team social events, Matt making your morning espresso or pour over in the office, or just grabbing a drink at a nearby coffee shop with a coworker, we never forget that work should also be fun!
- Perks & Benefits: On top of competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, we cater lunch every Friday and offer snacks in the office.
- Location: Located in downtown Kitchener, near a bus stop and the future home of the LRT and transit hub, RouteThis has a prime location if you want to live downtown (or we’ll rent you a parking spot if you need one!).
With the large volume of resumes we receive, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
RouteThis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.