Position Location: London, Ontario
Voices.com is the Number 1 online marketplace for sourcing and hiring voice over talent and has been rated as one of Deloitte’s Fastest Growing Tech Companies in Canada.
We are looking for a unique individual who considers Office Management a career, not a job. This role is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
The Office Manager reports to the Director of Operations and will possess strong people skills, be exceptionally organized and innovative.
The Office Manager represents our company on a daily basis as they are typically the first person to greet guests when they arrive at Voices.com, therefore they must be mature, polished, professional, courteous and friendly.
- Facilities Project Management and Administration
- Effectively manage and coordinate office operations for 140+ employees
- With the partnership of the Director of Operations design and implement office management policies and procedures
- With the partnership of the Director of Operations proactively identify opportunities for improvement, efficiencies, cost savings, etc.
- Be innovative in creating an office that fosters creativity, fun, collaboration, respected work spaces and is constantly evolving
- Make decisions that represent Voices.com well and align to our values
- Strategic in the ability to understand the needs of the business and be flexible in order to effectively anticipate how best to support
- Perform regular clean audits to ensure that our cleaning partners are effective and offer direction for improvement when appropriate
- Maintain and manage a daily morning/evening office audit to ensure all is running smoothly and that the office is clean, organized, and well stocked
- Manage and maintain strong vendor partner relationships, including a relationship with the landlord
- Effectively research new vendors, tools, equipment as required
- Negotiate office related vendor pricing and terms
- Manage office equipment, maintenance, and service contracts and systems
- Effectively operate office technology and telecommunications systems and provide general support to staff
- Work in partnership with Internal IT to carry out duties and project tasks
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Implement, manage and maintain record keeping, vendor files, purchasing and inventory control systems
- Evangelize and uphold all security procedures and policies
- Ensure the Health and Safety of the Office environment
- Administrative and reception: ordering supplies, mail incoming and outgoing, running errands, greeting guests, etc.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, prioritize workload and make decisions within job scope
- An understanding of a fast-moving workplace environment
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Excellent technical skills (Google Suite)
- Strong track record of customer centric attitude and decision making
- Handles sensitive information with the utmost respect and confidentiality
- Effective people skills
- Good understanding of processes, policies and procedures required for supporting a large office environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task without supervision
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a positive team environment
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate a special project, on-site trade work, etc. (rare but occasionally required)
- Willingness to invest in a task by getting dusty or dirty, when required, to get the job done
Required Knowledge & Work Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Office or Facilities Manager in a medium to large size office
- Project management of an office relocation, redesign or other KEY initiative
- Mature, reliable, loyal and easy going
- Ability to be courteous and professionally assertive
- A change agent who embraces and effectively supports and communicates change
- University degree or college diploma in Business Administration, Facilities Management, or equivalent experience.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices.com values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices.com is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and résumé by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices.com thanks all candidates in advance.