Public Relations Specialist
Position Location: London, Ontario
Voices.com is the Number 1 online marketplace for sourcing and hiring voice over talent and has been rated as one of Deloitte’s Fastest Growing Tech Companies in Canada.
At a high level, as a member of the Voices.com Public Relations team, the Public Relations (PR) Specialist supports and facilitates publicity-related initiatives, with the overall goal of shaping or maintaining Voices.com’s excellent public reputation. The PR Specialist is a part of the PR team within the Marketing department, and reports directly to the Senior PR Manager. The PR Specialist reports directly to the Senior Public Relations Manager.
- Sourcing and coordinating positive exposure opportunities (outbound and inbound) for the brand, for the appropriate internal spokespeople, and for relevant customer advocates and their projects. Such opportunities may take the form of media features, speaking engagements, case studies, trends reports, awards, videos, podcasts, thought leadership placements, and events, to name just a few
- Supporting the development of public relations strategies that will influence public opinion and promote the values, products, and services of the brand
- Crafting copy for a variety of mediums, including, but not limited to, media pitches, internal and external blog spaces, press releases, award applications, case studies, phone scripts, FAQs, statements, reports, and thought leadership articles, releasing such items through the corresponding communications channels
- Aiding in the planning and execution of press conferences and special events, internal and external, as well as company podcasts and videos, as appropriate
- Working with other departments, customers, and relevant community influencers to gather necessary insights, knowledge, and assets for various public relations initiatives
- Keeping informed of content topics and ideas that are interesting and relevant to Voices.com stakeholders, useful for SEO, leverageable by PR, or otherwise beneficial to corporate goals
- Facilitating positive relationships with media contacts, politicians, community peers, industry personalities, etc., either via social media, over email or phone-calls, or in-person at key events
- Maintaining and updating press kits, PR-related web pages, one pagers, contact lists, etc.
- Supporting or managing other special projects as required
- Mature, competent communicator
- Media relations experience a must
- Skilled in research, reporting, and corporate writing
- Ability to comfortably converse with a variety of people, including executives, reporters, and customers
- Creative, analytical, and extremely organized
- Accomplished team player, but also able to work independently
- Interest and background in event planning
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a corporate setting
- BA in English, Political Science, Journalism, Business, or equivalent work experience
- A diploma or certificate in Public Relations considered an asset
- Minimum of 1 year, on-the-job experience as a Marketing or PR Specialist, Communications Assistant, Administrator, Communications Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, or other related role
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices.com values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices.com is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application. Please include links to your work. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices.com thanks all Public Relations Specialist candidates in advance.