Position Location: London, Ontario
Voices.com is the Number 1 online marketplace for sourcing and hiring voice over talent and has been rated as one of Deloitte’s Fastest Growing Tech Companies in Canada.
In your role as the Database Engineer you will be responsible in driving technical vision and strategy for Voices’ data platforms supporting our marketplace and internal database needs including MySQL and/or popular NoSQL DB platforms. You should have deep technical expertise in working with SQL and NoSQL technologies. In this role we expect you to lead initiatives at a technical level, playing a critical role in our move to microservices architecture.
- Requires strong analytical skills, with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Requires in-depth technical expertise regarding data models, data analysis and design, master data management, metadata management, data warehousing, business intelligence, and data quality improvement.
- Requires proficiency in the use of Structured Query Languages for building, maintaining and extracting data from relational databases.
- Understands SQL/NoSQL database structure and is able to design and maintain robust custom database schemas.
- Possesses strong knowledge in the area of table design, stored procedures, views and functions; Knowledge of web-services and Service Oriented Architectures.
- Works with product engineering teams to design and optimize the database to ensure data consistency and reliability.
- Resolve production issues including tuning, optimization and recovery. Ability to deep dive into codebase is a plus.
- Perform installation, upgrades, capacity planning, migration across multiple data centers and multiple database server architectures/systems.
- Proactively monitor and fix databases availability and performance issues; Use/Develop database automation tools to automate repetitive tasks.
- Respond appropriately to emergency support situations and produce quick and effective solutions to platform technical problems under high pressure.
- 3+ years of experience as a hands-on database developer
- 2+ years of practical work experience using cloud services such as AWS
- Proven expertise in Oracle/MySQL and/or NoSQL databases including MongoDB, Couchbase and In-memory caches.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability service
- Highly skilled in setting and supporting multi-node, multi-tenant Elastic Search cluster.
- Familiar with monitoring tools such as Nagios, New Relic etc.
- An expert level of knowledge and experience in complex query development, database design, and database security
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices.com values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices.com is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application. Please include links to your work. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices.com thanks all Database Engineer candidates in advance.