Web Developer, Marketing Focus
Position Location: London, Ontario
Voices.com offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing company. As the ideal candidate, you will work from an open concept environment and be set-up with a suite of Web development tools to provide core development on several CMS tools and bespoke web apps. Through internal advancement opportunities and a competitive salary you'll have the chance to create a career that you can be proud of.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Work with a team of creative individuals to provide technical & development expertise
- Rapidly iterate on web-based projects in a cross-functional team setting
- Evaluate and spec out new development projects and tasks
- Maintain and extend various CMS platforms
- Research and advise on technologies and improvements
- Design and implement our web platform
- Document existing and proposed logic and UI flows
- Confirm security compliance
- Perform co-operative work in a fast paced environment
- Experience developing community or video/multimedia sites, or other web applications
- Deep expertise in developing Wordpress themes and custom plug-ins
- Familiarity with developing custom functionality on other CMS platforms
- Knowledge of MySQL, PHP and Apache
- Strong grasp of security principles and concerns
- Extensive familiarity with responsive UI, cross-browser compatibility and general web standards
- Knowledge of social media, social networking and modern web apps
- Excellent presentation and communication skills while being dependable, reliable, co-operative and driven
- 2+ years experience in database-driven web site development or agency work
- Diploma in Web Development or equivalent work experience
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices.com values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices.com is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices.com thanks all Web Developer candidates in advance.