Business Operations Coordinator
About the Job:
Do you get excited about shaping a workplace fit for an enthusiastic, bold, and hard-working team? This is the role for you! Nicoya is looking for an office champion to help create a strong, productive, and efficient workspace, while also taking on administrative tasks that ensure the business keeps running smoothly. This isn’t your traditional office coordinator position. You’ll have the opportunity to support sales, marketing, finance, human resources, and the overall business operations. We’re looking for someone that loves creating and building a great place to work and wants to be a supportive part of an amazing team.
Who you are:
You are a natural planner and self-starter. You love wearing multiple hats, planning, and organizing. You are driven and see this as not just a job but an opportunity to grow your career and be part of an exciting growing company. You are motivated to make a big impact on your workplace, love solving problems and working as part of a team. You get excited about supporting an amazing team and taking Nicoya to the next level.
As our Business Operations Coordinator, you will have three main areas of duties:
- Manage vendors and suppliers to keep our office stocked with pens, snacks, coffee, and all other necessary ingredients for productive employees
- Order and replace office furniture to champion our brand identity through office interior design
- Manage the organization, cleanliness, and processes related to the office
- Coordinate with contractors and other service providers as necessary
- Assist in receiving and shipping of packages and supplies
- Support the CEO and Business Operations Manager with business planning activities or presentations
- Assist the sales team in closing deals that require administrative support
- Act as the first point of contact for inbound calls and onsite visitors
- Coordinate and book travel itineraries for the team in the case of large trips or conference visits
- Other duties as required to support the team as a whole
- Create amazing internal events to support our company culture and keep spirits high!
- Work with the marketing team to further develop Nicoya’s recruitment and community strategies
- Plan and execute Nicoya’s recruitment events including visiting job fairs and community events to raise our profile
- Help with onboarding of new employees including purchasing equipment, setting up desks, and making their first day at the office special
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Proven ability to multi-task, adapt and be flexible
- Organization skills, time management, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent attention to detail and knows how to follow-through on multiple responsibilities
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- An appreciation that deadlines and priorities change
- A creative mind for events, and an eye for detail
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and interact well with others internally and externally
- Strong computer skills with standard business applications, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with accounting software and appreciates the importance to keep track of the numbers
- College diploma, undergraduate degree, or certificate in Business, Accounting, or Human Resources is an asset
If we've described you, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply directly through this portal to the attention of David Hussey, prior to February 15, 2019.