User Experience Designer, EV
- Fleetcarma a division of Geotab
- Job Function
- Design & UX
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
Who is Geotab
Imagine millions of vehicles driving across the globe 24/7. Next, imagine that you collected rich location, engine and vehicle behaviour data on each vehicle through a plug and play device. Our customers have the power to take this data and provide valuable insight toward their businesses because of the Geotab platform. Geotab is one of the leading telematics technology companies in the world and is focused on continuing our rapid expansion worldwide. For more information visit us at www.geotab.com.
FleetCarma has developed the world’s only electric vehicle monitoring and control platform which uses vehicle data and metrics to drive intelligent decisions for fleets and individuals. On any given day FleetCarma’s development garage will be filled with the latest electric vehicles: Model S’s, Volt’s, Leafs and the more than 30 other plug-in vehicles that are supported by our products.
In June 2018, FleetCarma joined forces with Geotab, a global leader in fleet telematics. Together, we'll be working to bring our innovative electric vehicle platform to their hundreds of thousands of vehicles being tracked across the world.
Who we are looking for:
As the sole User Experience Designer, EV in our Waterloo office, your key responsibility will focus on creating an easy and appealing experience for users interacting with our software products. In this role you will have involvement from user story to wire frame prototyping and collaborating with in-house Software Development teams. This role will include work on projects both in early conceptual stages as well as more mature products undergoing innovative redesign. Calling the Product Management team home, you will collaborate with Product Managers, the Customer Success team, and our Software teams.
The EV Suitability Assessment integrated into the Geotab platform, currently in conception, aims to analyze fleet driving patterns and communicate to Fleet Managers when an EV makes sense over current conventional fleet vehicles.
The SmartCharge Platform, serving both electric utilities and their EV driver customers, communicates the impacts of EV charging on the electric grid, and incentivizes EV drivers to charge at grid-friendly times.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Create intuitive, simple and user experiences with our software products. Be the champion for the value of good design!
- Learn context, user jobs and goals from Product Management research, and alongside Product Management directly teaming on customer research interactions
- Set and improve the process to design and validate the user experience, and improve outcomes our software solutions are working towards
- Bring in and establish new processes to involve more team members in the design process, harness their ideas and achieve a great end result
- Translate user job stories into great solution designs: easy interactions, simple and visually appealing layout and overall intuitive experience
- Monitor the success of designs and investments in partnership with Product Management with quantitative metrics, and qualitative feedback loops
- Answer questions and work closely alongside Software Developers and QA to ensure a great solution before the Sprint demo
- Make a positive contribution towards our goals of increasing EV adoption, as this industry rapidly evolves
- Post-secondary education in design, or a related field
- A passion for software UX, visual design, and interactive design
- 5+ years of work experience in software product design, ideally with experience in both B2B and B2C solutions
- Advanced expertise in your wireframing / prototyping tool set
- Experience with data-oriented / analytics applications an asset
- Strong believer in usability testing, and have proven experience in running effective tests, interpretation of results, and incorporating changes based on them
- You are a great communicator and collaborator: you can communicate your designs effectively, and build solutions collaboratively with inputs from a number of teams
- Conduct user research on an as-needed basis, to learn of opportunities to improve an existing solution's experience
- Strong aptitude for detail-oriented problem solving
What makes our staff passionate about Geotab?
A focus on electric vehicles, which are both exciting and an important solution for climate change mitigation.
Being part of a world-class technology team
Having a small company feel while being part of a global leader with offices in 7 countries.
Table Tennis at the office! Bring your own bat!
Stocked fridge and healthy snacks
Hot lunch or fresh sandwiches served every Friday
Full medical benefits & 4% company matching retirement savings plan
Our Core Values:
Geotabbers innovate and seek creative ways to continuously improve. Collaboration and teamwork defines the way we work. We love being ahead of the curve, using leading technology, and being agile in every way we do business. We work hard, and we definitely play hard. From the CEO - to the staff - there is an open-door policy for all of us to freely communicate. Geotabbers are dynamic, and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment. We own our work and take responsibility in a true entrepreneurial spirit!