You're a problem solver at heart. Finding innovative solutions to tough challenges excites you. You understand that high-quality products require high-quality code, and are continually looking for better ways to get the job done. You keep up with the latest evolutions of Android or iOS, and you know how to take advantage of what the platform offers. You thrive in collaborative team environments and enjoy opportunities to contribute your ideas.
What you'll do:
- Architect, design, and develop software for iOS- and Android-based smartphones in Swift and Kotlin
- Work closely with other software and hardware teams to take products from design to release
- Create software that will power the wearable computing system of the future
What you need:
- Strong coding skill in Swift, Kotlin, or Java
- Knowledge of the Android and/or iOS SDK and developer tools
- Experience developing user-centric applications for mobile platforms
- Track record of delivering high-quality software in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- An eye for detail and a passion for delivering software that provides a world-class experience to end users
- Proficiency with a VCS (preferably git)
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent (in lieu of degree, minimum four years of relevant work experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience working closely with UX designers
- Experience using cross-platform mobile frameworks like React Native or Flutter
- Experience developing complex mobile apps from scratch
- Experience with Bluetooth (Classic and/or Low Energy stacks)
- Experience using Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design