Build Hardware Faster <-- That's our tagline and we're on a mission to make it true for every student, researcher, and seasoned engineer out there.
Our first product, the V-One, is a desktop circuit board printer that allows electronics developers to cut their prototyping time from months to minutes! They can now be found in over 60 countries around the world - a testament to our belief that we can change the perception of lab equipment by focusing on accessibility, elegant design, user experience, and exceptional material science.
It seems like others agree too. We are TechCrunch Disrupt Champions, one of the most innovative Kickstarter campaigns of all time, and have numerous Innovation Awards within our industry.
We were recently named one of the fastest growing startups in Canada. All that growth is why we need you!
In the next year we're aiming to 3x revenue, 2x headcount, move to an even larger office, and release yet another industry-defining product. Want to join the ride?
About The Job:
Many of the responsibilities of this role are listed below but be prepared to take ownership of far more than your typical Jr. Accountant. Working at a small company means wearing many hats and quickly changing priorities. While there is very little hand holding, we still have a culture of teaching and supporting each other.
- Record Keeping: Maintaining the accounting records at the business on a regular basis
- Accounts Payable: Ensuring we pay our suppliers and other providers on time by coordinating with other departments and remitting payments. Negotiating better terms and prices.
- Accounts Receivable: Ensuring we’re paid on time from our customers by accurately maintaining the A/R ledger and following up on overdue accounts
- Financial Controls: Implementing and maintaining proper financial controls to mitigate corporate risk as necessary
- Financial Analysis: Working with other departments to create effective data systems that ensure the information collected in our accounting system is reliable and useful for economic (and other) decision making
- Tax Support: Maintaining the company tax accounts such as sales tax, corporate tax, SR&ED documentation and payroll tax
- Growth Planning: Supporting and learning more about financial projections and corporate financial strategy
- System Improvements: Find gaps in our accounting processes and get involved in fixing them
We're looking for someone that graduated from a post-secondary institution in an accounting program and is pursuing a CPA designation. We want someone that genuinely loves accounting but also has a desire to pitch in across departments.
Does physics or engineering scare you? Don't know a resistor from a capacitor? Unsure about the pros and cons of manufacturing in China? We don't really care... in fact, we love to teach people about all of this! If you are a voracious learner, passionate about making a technical industry seem sexy, and a damn hard worker, I'm sure we'll all get along!