CoreAVI is the world leader in the development and supply of safety certifiable software drivers for todays high performance graphics devices. If you have flown recently, the cockpit displays of your plane were probably driven by our technology. Our technology is relied upon by safety critical Avionics applications the world over and our expertise has earned us an enviable reputation as a safety critical world leader.
We are now increasing our value to customers by offering Platforms for Safety Certifiable Applications, platforms upon which Avionics, automotive and other safety critical applications are built. These platforms include safety certifiable hardware and software components which together provide an integrated, low risk, safety critical solution which system developers can build their value upon.
Our mission is to provide system integrators with complete safety certifiable platforms which allow them to focus on the development of their compute and graphics applications, without worrying about the foundation it is built upon.
To Learn more about CoreAVI or the aircraft our solutions are deployed in, please visit www.coreavi.com.
To help us with our rapidly growing product development needs, we are seeking a Product Manager with a strong background in ruggedized hardware development and software engineering to manage our growing safety certifiable product portfolio. Your knowledge and experience in safety critical requirements across avionics, automotive and other markets will be essential to your success in this role.
You will be responsible for managing the existing product portfolio and more importantly, playing a pivotal role in defining our next generation products, with a focus on integrated platform solutions. You will use your knowledge and experience in safety critical product development and applications to develop long term product roadmaps, work side by side with our sales team and our customers to determine future needs and capabilities, and develop high level product requirements. This is an opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing, successful company that is leading the market in the supply of safety certifiable platform solutions for avionics, automotive and other safety critical applications.
A strong existing Product Management background is advantageous for this role, however, given the very technical nature of it, this is also an opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer with a strong hardware and software background, who wants to make the move in to product management. Using your technical skills to support the Sales team and interface to the Engineering team, you will be able to develop your product management skills in parallel.
• Work closely with engineering to define the requirements for our next generation safety critical solutions; including hardware and software products consistent with company vision
• Develop the business case for each new product proposed
• Develop partner relationships to grow the product line revenue
• Coordinate with Marketing to create collateral to promote the product lines
• Work closely with sales and customers to identify market needs and define product requirements
• Manage the lifecycle of the product portfolio from concept through to end of life
• Develop product roadmaps
• Contribute to the product strategy and strategic direction of the company with other stakeholders.
• Prepare proposals for strategic opportunities and customers
• International travel in support of Sales and customers will be required
• 5+ years of experience in a product line management role for embedded software or ruggedized hardware products OR a Systems Engineering role
• Experience with safety certification standards and requirements
• Experience in a Mil/Aero Environment
• Experience developing and establishing key partner relationships
• Experience defining and bringing to market embedded software and hardware products
• Demonstratable track record for revenue growth through innovative product introduction
• Experience defining DO-254 and DO-178C products an asset
• Strong organizational, leadership and technical skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Knack for knowing what ideas will and will not work
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Creative thinking skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Certified Product Manager accreditation an asset
• PMP certification an asset