Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
The Services & Support Solutions Consultant ensures that Sales, Account Management, Marketing, and clients have access to accurate, relevant information about our services. This involves creating reference materials, contributing to RFP responses, SOWs and communicating directly with clients to address specific questions. This role also contributes materials and expertise to sales enablement and works with internal teams to identify and fill information gaps that relate to the Services & Support organization. This may require creating re-usable assets, responding to one-off requests for information, or assisting other groups in creating and maintaining assets. They also develop processes for creating, managing, and disseminating information to relevant stakeholders.
The incumbent will be an all-round expert in D2L sales and services processes, practices, clients, competitors, and products. In addition to developing and providing information about standard services, they will also be able to serve in an advisory capacity for selling and positioning our services.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- As a SME for all Services & Support offerings, the incumbent will support D2L’s global Customer Engagement (CE) organization by assessing and responding to RFPs/RFIs for both new bookings and renewals
- Support Legal team in the review of services-related areas of contracts/master agreements
- Maintain expert knowledge of D2L service offerings and service delivery, including implementation, training, customer support, and advisory consulting services
- Work with SMEs in different areas (Customer Engagement, Marketing, Proposal team, Product Management) to determine information gaps and, where appropriate, create documents and resources that will enable Sales
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Engagement SMEs and Proposal team to create custom proposal responses for non-standard services related requests, where required
- Manage Sales Discovery Package process and completion
- Manage Non-Standard Commit process for Customer Engagement, getting leadership alignment/approval on response and providing related reports for the Customer Engagement organization
- Provide services-related content to assist in onboarding, enablement and continuous training of Sales team
- Partner closely with the Proposals Team and Product to ensure Customer Engagement offerings are aligned to market need; Provide lessons learned back to Product and Customer Engagement for closed deals
- Create SOWs aligned to pricing and packaging, consolidate information from various documents and interactions into supporting assets for sales process
- Use knowledge of sales strategy and competitive intelligence to provide guidance about differentiating D2L Services from competitor offerings
- Present overviews of D2L Services and Support offerings for prospective clients, as required
- Provide rapid, accurate responses to questions from Sales, field operations staff, and prospective clients
- Maintain and enhance the database of standard services-related RFP responses and ensure accuracy as the service offerings evolve over time
- Maintain central location for storing sales related assets and processes for managing assets and information for Customer Engagement
- Facilitate knowledge transfer meetings with Sales and CE. Drive continuity of information from RFP to closed-won
- Be the central point of contact for owning / centralizing the discount approval process for customer engagement
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 5+ years of experience in a sales, consulting, or other client-facing role
- Familiarity with enterprise software sales process, as well as expertise in service delivery
- 3 years of experience in technical or marketing writing
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Team oriented – Foster collaborative and positive relationships between sales, services, and other internal teams.
- Leadership, initiative and execution – Identify organizational and informational gaps and define and execute plans to close gaps; take leadership in problem solving; drive programs from definition to close
- Experience in the educational technology sector or with an LMS
- RFPs can be labor intensive and everything else is secondary
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit