- Competitive base salary + performance-based bonus
- Job Function
- Project Management and Business Analysis
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
This is an opportunity in the exciting and fast-growing transportation technology industry. Public transit is being transformed from a system of static, scheduled fixed-routes, to a dynamic on-demand network, and you’ll be one of the pioneers shaping this transformation.
As Business Analyst, you’ll be responsible for analyzing transportation operations data, performing service design, running simulations, assessing key performance indicators, supporting new service launches, driving operational improvements, and providing technical systems support. You will develop a deep understanding of urban mobility challenges faced by transit operators. You will become an expert on RideCo’s technology platform and data-driven design and operation of transportation services. As a key technical and analytics resource for operations managers, you’ll have a vital role in shaping the design, performance, and success of our clients’ next-generation on-demand transportation services. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Generate and analyze operational performance reports: Build comprehensive performance analysis reports spanning rider user-experience, driver user-experience, marketing, operating efficiency, and unit economics. Compare the performance against goals, evaluate trends, and identify areas for improvement. Review the performance reports with stakeholders and client operations team to generate insights and actions.
- Design new transportation services: Analyze urban area (density, road network etc.), travel patterns, user-profiles, demand data, client requirements, and design an on-demand transit services that are superior to existing transportation options. Configure the RideCo technology platform reflective of your envisioned service model.
- Run simulations and optimize service design: Perform simulations to analyze performance and operational KPIs. Iterate on the service model by tuning and optimizing dozens of parameters such as dynamic routing engine settings, vehicle count and mix, supply positioning, service frequency, location and density of potential stops, and demand models. Collaborate with the client, operations managers and other key stakeholders throughout this process. Support the client in setting targets and KPIs for the service prior to launch.
- Support new service launch: Support operations managers during the launch process, including monitoring KPIs on launch week and making system changes as needed.
- Provide systems support: Provide ongoing technical systems and analytics support to operations managers. Advise them on using the system’s dashboards and interpreting the data. Perform system configuration changes based on feedback from operations staff, drivers, and passengers.
- Drive continuous improvement: Collaboratively develop weekly/monthly actions to drive continuous improvements, and to achieve the service’s objectives (e.g. user experience, ridership, operating efficiency, financials etc.). Work with the client, operations managers, and other stakeholders to execute on initiatives.
- Improve internal processes and tooling: Identify ways to further automate and systematize our internal processes, including with new analysis and visualization tools. Share your ideas with team members and collaboratively champion internal process/tooling improvements.
- Support product improvements: Expand your knowledge of the transportation industry, understand clients’ pain points and identify gaps/opportunities in the product. Share your insights with the product team and assist the product manager in designing new features/improvements to RideCo’s platform.
- Educate: Continuously expand the collective knowledge-base of the company through multi-disciplinary learning and knowledge sharing.
Who we are
RideCo builds the best on-demand transit systems in the world. Fleet operators and public transit agencies in North America and Asia use RideCo’s cloud-based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses, vans, and cars.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with public buses and switched to driving a car? What about being stuck in traffic while commuting to work solo-driving your car? Have you seen buses drive around in residential areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You’re likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This ‘dynamic shuttle’ (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way, it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo’s ‘dynamic shuttle’ platform enables this seamless experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
Our clients include some of the world's largest fleet operators such as Grab and Los Angeles Metro. RideCo powers a diverse range of use cases today including residential/suburban travel, first-mile-last-mile for train stations, long-distance commuters, university campus, military base, corporate employee transport, and international airport. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
- Experience in data modeling/analysis or engineering role(s).
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Applied Mathematics / Statistics / Finance / Management Engineering, or related discipline.
- Top notch communicator: Strong written/oral communication and presentation skills. Experience preparing reports for management.
- Data wizard: Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office tools. Experience working with business intelligence or visualization tools such as Tableau / SAS / Cognos. Knowledge of relational databases with the ability to read and write SQL is an asset.
- Location: Based in Waterloo, Ontario or willing to re-locate.
- Willing to travel approximately 15%, as needed.