We are currently looking for a leader to motivate and inspire the design team into new creative territory that is aligned with each brand, while enhancing their unique personas. This is the perfect role for someone excited to lead a vibrant and a collaborative team, focusing on “Creating What’s Different”. If you’re determined to bring life to new ideas and accept challenges your quest has come to an end.
Key Result Areas
- Empowerment: Inspire and motivate the team
- Guidance: Delegate and direct all tasks and projects including approach, process, branding and guidelines/requirements ensuring the team member(s) understand “the why” behind the request for the best results
- Quality Assurance: Critique work to ensure the requestors objectives are met including branding, user experience and fundamental design performance standards
- Coaching: Provide regular real-time feedback to each team member to develop and grow their competencies by aligning their career objectives with the CWD education program
- Innovate: Research and recommend new ideas, strategies, and processes that are in the best interest of CWD which promote a high level of output both functionally and creativity
- Budget: Ensure that funds spent yield the most productive outcome
- Planning: Develop departmental objectives and create an execution strategy to achieve the highest return on investment
- Tools: Educate the department on industry trends that can improve our techniques to stay ahead of our competition
- Marketing: Constantly evaluating our brands to ensure that the design work we are creating is setting up our brands for success with the current reality and the vision of where we want to go in terms of brand awareness and perception
- Administering and Securing Results: Oversee projects from start to finish ensuring accuracy and the end results are in line with the needs of the business and key stakeholders
- Establishing Pragmatic Timelines: Maintain a realistic schedule of the projects and provide regular progress updates to stakeholders
- Vendors: Lead communication with vendors and business partners related to design topics
- Internal: Liaison and work in collaboration with other departments within CWD to ensure they are fully up to date with all tasks and projects in real-time
- Team: Provide the design team with updates and engage them in the positive CWD culture and getting the team motivated to join events in taking part for Team Member Experience initiatives
The successful candidate possesses:
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years of design and leadership experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in App design, 3D & 2D animation, as well as motion graphics in products and support videos
- Experience with lighting for push photography and video production
- Effective organizational, time management and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Adobe programs
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strive to Create What’s Different Forward Thinking: Need to look beyond today and understand how things will change tomorrow in our business
- Strategic mindset while being proactive in solving problems
- Self-awareness: strong desire to develop and improve yourself and knowing when to seek outside expertise and experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Motivation: remain self-motivated while creating enthusiasm in others
- Empathy: understand and care about people’s current reality
- Social skills: understand people, develop trust, and help them
- Self-regulation: controlling or redirecting disruptive impulses and moods
- Tenacious and cordial interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
Please send a digital copy or link to an online portfolio with your application to be seriously considered.
Candidates who reside within a 45-minute commute of our office headquartered in Niagara Falls, ON will be given preference.
This position does not provide an option to work remotely.