Content and Social Media Strategist
- CWD (“Create What’s Different”)
- Niagara Falls, Onatario
- Job Function
- PR & Communications, Marketing
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
We are searching for a Content and Social Media Strategist to join our growing Marketing Team for the Levana (Baby) brand and Defender (Security) brand. You will be in a unique position with the creative freedom to collaborate, build and execute the social strategy for these brands from the ground up. This role requires an enthusiastic individual with a quick wit for copy that is ready to join a passionate and tight-knit team.
Content Strategy Development (10%)
- Strategy: Develop strategies for the Defender and Levana blog and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter) that encourage engagement, increase brand awareness, and drive traffic to the websites
- Goal Development: Align social media objectives with overall brand and business goals
- Influencer Content: Work closely with the Brand Marketing Coordinator to integrate the influencer strategy and content with the brand’s social media plan
- Industry Research: Conduct research on emerging trends and brainstorm how we can utilize these in our strategy
- Competitor Research: Gather and share competitive insights related to content strategy. Make recommendations for the brands based on these findings
Social Media Content Creation and Management (50%)
- Content Creation: Develop on-brand, relevant and engaging content for the Levana and Defender social media channels (static images, GIFs, infographics, short videos, etc.)
- Assets: Conceptualize and collaborate with the Design team on creative assets
- Scheduling: Create and maintain the content calendar. Schedule and post all content within the Content Management platform
- Social Listening: Monitor the brand(s) and our competitors using social listening tools
Blog Content Creation and Management (15%)
- Market Research: Research and identify topics, and write engaging content for the blogs
- Collaboration: Secure relevant and highly motivated guest bloggers
- Optimization: Ensure all posts are optimized for search engine optimization (SEO) and drive traffic back to the websites
Community Building and Engagement (10%)
- Community Growth: Responsible for consistently growing our online community by leveraging our content to maintain a high engagement rate and drive positive word-of-mouth
- Discussion: Actively engage our followers in discussions
- Maintenance: Respond to questions and comments across all social media platforms
- Keyword Analysis: Conduct SEO keyword research and modify website page titles, meta descriptions and page content to increase organic search rankings
- Copywriting: Assist with product copy creation when needed
- Reporting: Report, analyze and make optimizations for all content marketing efforts
- Admin: Input purchase orders and expense reports as needed
*Please submit samples of written pieces and past managed social media channels/content.
The successful candidate requires:
Education and Experience
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in social media strategy and content creation
- Proven experience driving ROI from social media campaigns
- Thorough experience with Hootsuite (or comparative platform)
- Experience using WordPress
- Proficient in Google Analytics
- Understanding of SEO principles and experience implementing strategies
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Google Analytics certification
- Understanding of and experience with social media advertising
If the above interests you, then apply to join a fast paced, creative, and energetic team!
Candidates who reside within a 45 minute commute of our office will be given preference.
Please note: This is a 40 hour a week position based at our headquarters in Niagara Falls, ON. This position does not provide an option to work remotely.
We believe all people should be empowered.
We create the highest performing consumer electronics that are smart, simple, and stylish.
Development: We value continuous learning that leads to positive change.
Efficiency: We are committed to new processes and techniques that improve results and create value.
Innovation: We embrace creativity, discovery, and a desire to Create What’s Different.
Accountability: We honour our commitments through ownership and display integrity when delivering results.
Excellence: We challenge ourselves to add value that goes beyond what is expected.
CWD designs, manufactures, markets and sells consumer electronics that enhance our lives.
As a pioneer in the markets of do-it-yourself video security, baby video monitors and wireless connectivity, we have successfully applied the principles of innovation and superior technology to a dynamic range of product categories. We are committed toward consistently exceeding consumer expectations and changing the way people think about:
* Baby Safety Devices
* Do-it-yourself Video Security
* Wireless Connectivity Products
* Home Theater Audio
* Retro Music Systems
* Clock Radios
* Karaoke Systems
From conception to launch, over 100 talented professionals work to ensure all of our products undergo the same intensive, completely in-house development and design process, resulting in the uncompromising quality and industry-leading performance that consumers trust.
The letters ‘CWD’ are shorthand for the empowering philosophy that drives every aspect of what we do – Create What’s Different.
CWD is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.