We are currently looking for an inquisitive, curious, improvement oriented Technical Product Manager to join our fast growth company working within the Research and Development team. You know how to create success and are driven to empower people with the highest performing consumer electronics products that are Smart, Simple and Stylish. You embody the LEVANA vision: “We believe parents should always feel empowered” and the DEFENDER vision: “We believe everyone deserves peace of mind.”
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
New Product Development
- Driving the complete new product development cycle using our Stage Gate System, starting with discovery, building a business plan, development, testing and validation, launch, and post launch review through collaboration with external partners and internal stakeholders
- Developing product requirements based on a thorough review and understanding of the consumer’s needs, competition’s offerings, and our brand strategies
- Evaluating and/or developing innovative product features
- Managing our product category portfolio
- Inspire our partners to help us create the best consumer experience
- Negotiation of price, terms and conditions with our partners, which including firmware design houses, industrial and mechanical engineering firms, and contract manufacturers to deliver to the required price points, product quality targets, and product launch dates
- Assist with the validation of business partner’s competencies
- Travel to United States, Canada, Hong Kong, China and Taiwan as required (2-4 times per year) as well as industry trades shows (2-4 times per year)
- Assist with the development of quality control documents and reviewing audits of production and factories
- Assisting with driving continuous quality improvements of existing products through analyzing customer support call drivers, returns, and defective items
- Monitor and react to political, economic, social, technological and competitive issues in our supply chain
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
Education & Experience
- University degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering, or a related field
- A minimum 3 years of experience taking products from concept to market
- A minimum 3 years of experience conducting competitive analysis and market research
- A minimum 3 years of experience in product management, project management, factory relations and procurement
- Embedded systems
- Algorithm development
- Conducting field trials
- Effective communication, project management and time management skills
- Experience with process change and automation of processes
- Root cause analysis: get to the heart of the issue by stripping out non-essential and surface noise
- Flexible and creative in approach to problem solving
- Simplify: detangle issues to their core factors and focus on these
- Innovate down to the details
- Strive to differentiate/create what’s different
- Forward Thinking: Need to look beyond today and understand how things will change tomorrow in our business
- Self-awareness: strong desire to develop and improve yourself and knowing when to seek out expertise and experience.
- Self-regulation: knowing when to push and when to stop
- Motivation: remain motivated while creating a strong desire to achieve in others
- Empathy: understand and care about people’s current reality
- Social skills – understand people, develop trust and help them
- Attract, Develop and retain talent: recognize even small efforts and share your team members with other teams
- Meaning: tie all small tasks and large projects to meaning in the company’s vision
- Feedback: give real-time honest feedback to further your teams abilities by pushing them to achieve
- Organizational Development: assist in the planning for scale and succession on your team
If the above interests you, then apply to join a fast paced, creative and energetic team!
Candidates who reside within a 45 minute commute of our office will be given preference.
CWD is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
CWD designs, manufactures, markets and sells consumer electronics that enhance our lives.
As a pioneer in the markets of do-it-yourself video security, baby video monitors and wireless connectivity, we have successfully applied the principles of innovation and superior technology to a dynamic range of product categories. We are committed toward consistently exceeding consumer expectations and changing the way people think about:
* Baby Safety Devices
* Do-it-yourself Video Security
* Wireless Connectivity Products
* Home Theater Audio
* Retro Music Systems
* Clock Radios
* Karaoke Systems
From conception to launch, over 100 talented professionals work to ensure all of our products undergo the same intensive, completely in-house development and design process, resulting in the uncompromising quality and industry-leading performance that consumers trust.
The letters ‘CWD’ are shorthand for the empowering philosophy that drives every aspect of what we do – Create What’s Different.