Product Quality Supervisor
- CWD (“Create What’s Different”)
- Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Job Function
- Research & Development, QA
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Do you believe that everyone should experience audio in its truest form, that the power of music can bring people together, and that our lives need to be simple? If so, we have the job for you. We are looking for a Product Quality Supervisor to join our Research and Development team to make a difference and lead a team to solve product quality issues that affect customer experience, defect rates and return rates for our Fluance, Electrohome and Nyrius brands.
Key Result Areas
Continuous Quality Improvement
- Manage team initiatives to lower defect and return rates through root cause analysis, data-driven investigations and other exercises
- Review documented procedures and processes related to testing, troubleshooting and reporting
- Identify and drive special projects that can lead continuous improvements in product quality and/or cost
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience and Returns departments on continuous improvements
- Present quarterly reports to Product Manager/Managing Director regarding returns, defects, call drivers, product improvements and customer product reviews
- Oversee inspection process for mass production orders with internal quality team and 3rd party inspection team
- Ensure that product quality levels are maintained or improved through the various change management activities during the product life cycle
- Onboard new contract manufacturers
- Ensure product certifications are maintained and updates through laboratories as required
- Implement new test processes tailored to new product development projects
- Organize and review testing results conducted by team. Provide recommendation to Product Managers for next steps
- Provide feedback on content for product manuals, quick start guides and inserts
- Onboard and maintain relationship with engineering consultants
- Provide direction to Product Specialists and Product Quality Specialists
- Train new and existing team members
- Follow up and ensure delegated tasks are completed
- Provide annual reviews and general coaching/feedback to your team
- Manage annual budget for quality and inventory related objectives
- Effectively complete other duties as assigned
The successful candidate requires:
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration and/or Electrical/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years of experience in a management role overseeing 3 coordinator or above roles
- Worked for a medium sized company (50+ employees)
- 5 years of experience in Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering or Quality role for Electronics
- Understanding of PCBA, hardware mass production, root cause analysis processes and inspection processes
- Knowledge of product development models (Stage Gate experience would be an asset)
- Understanding of inventory management processes
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Project management
- Change management
- Quality management
- Financial planning/budget management
- Risk management and assessment
- Negotiation skills and persuasive communication
- Vendor development
- Contract agreement management
- Strong leadership skills
- Customer focused
- Creative problem-solving skills; strategic and “Out of the box” thinking
- Very organized with ability to change direction quickly
- Strive to Create What’s Different
- Self-awareness: strong desire to develop and improve yourself and knowing when to seek outside expertise and experience
- Self-regulation: Controlling or redirecting disruptive impulses and moods
- Motivation: remain self motivated while creating enthusiasm in others
- Empathy: understand and care about people’s current reality
- Social skills: understand people, develop trust, and help them
If the above interests you, then apply to join a fast paced, creative, and energetic team!
Candidates who reside within a 45 minute commute of our office will be given preference.
Please note: This is a 40 hour a week position based at our headquarters in Niagara Falls, ON. This position does not provide an option to work remotely.
We believe all people should be empowered.
We create the highest performing consumer electronics that are smart, simple, and stylish.
Development: We value continuous learning that leads to positive change.
Efficiency: We are committed to new processes and techniques that improve results and create value.
Innovation: We embrace creativity, discovery, and a desire to Create What’s Different.
Accountability: We honour our commitments through ownership and display integrity when delivering results.
Excellence: We challenge ourselves to add value that goes beyond what is expected.
CWD designs, manufactures, markets and sells consumer electronics that enhance our lives.
As a pioneer in the markets of do-it-yourself video security, baby video monitors and wireless connectivity, we have successfully applied the principles of innovation and superior technology to a dynamic range of product categories. We are committed toward consistently exceeding consumer expectations and changing the way people think about:
* Baby Safety Devices
* Do-it-yourself Video Security
* Wireless Connectivity Products
* Home Theater Audio
* Retro Music Systems
* Clock Radios
* Karaoke Systems
From conception to launch, over 100 talented professionals work to ensure all of our products undergo the same intensive, completely in-house development and design process, resulting in the uncompromising quality and industry-leading performance that consumers trust.
The letters ‘CWD’ are shorthand for the empowering philosophy that drives every aspect of what we do – Create What’s Different.
CWD is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.