Product Development Associate
- CWD (“Create What’s Different”)
- Niagara Falls, Onatario
- Job Function
- Research & Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
The Product Development Associate is responsible for business development and product development duties in the Baby (Levana) and Security (Defender) product categories. Utilizing CWD’s Stage-Gate product development process, you will assist the company in new product development, from creating a product idea to successfully bringing the product to market and maintaining the highest levels of product quality assurance. The key goal is to change the way people think about consumer electronics by developing the easiest to use, most stylish and best value products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Competitor Product Evaluation: Testing, evaluating and reporting on competitor sample products
- Research, evaluate and compare components for next generation product
- Co-ordinate with industrial/mechanical designers, as well as firmware/software/QA teams
- Evaluation of prototype, pre-production and production designs to meet product requirements
- Assist in field trials for new product
- Test and validate golden samples and newly received inventory for product quality
- Review and make recommendation on 3rd party quality assurance inspection reports
- Evaluate and analyse online product reviews, create recommendations
- Coordination and preparation for internal & external meetings
- Organize and maintain vendor materials and contact database
- Coordinate new product development and quality assurance samples
- Upload and maintain system information (product and pricing information, firmware/software files, instruction manuals, quick start guides, product specifications & what’s included)
- Assist with the organization of business travel and meetings
- Assist with other projects as assigned
The successful candidate requires:
- Business and/or Technical University Degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- A minimum of 1year experience working in a business development or technology role
- Bread-boarding and prototyping
- Schematic entry, layout, BOM management
- Firmware development
- Flexible and creative in approach to problem solving
- Simplify: detangle issues to their core factors and focus on these
- Innovate down to the details
- Strive to create what’s different Forward Thinking: Need to look beyond today and understand how things will change tomorrow in our business
- Self-awareness: strong desire to develop and improve yourself and knowing when to seek outside expertise and experience
- Motivation: remain self motivated while creating enthusiasm in others
- Empathy: understand and care about people’s current reality
- Social skills: understand people, develop trust, and help them
If the above interests you, then apply to join a fast paced, creative, and energetic team!
Candidates who reside within a 45 minute commute of our office will be given preference.
We believe all people should be empowered.
We create the highest performing consumer electronics that are smart, simple, and stylish.
Development: We value continuous learning that leads to positive change.
Efficiency: We are committed to new processes and techniques that improve results and create value.
Innovation: We embrace creativity, discovery, and a desire to Create What’s Different. Accountability: We honour our commitments through ownership and display integrity when delivering results.
Excellence: We challenge ourselves to add value that goes beyond what is expected.
CWD designs, manufactures, markets and sells consumer electronics that enhance our lives.
As a pioneer in the markets of do-it-yourself video security, baby video monitors and wireless connectivity, we have successfully applied the principles of innovation and superior technology to a dynamic range of product categories. We are committed toward consistently exceeding consumer expectations and changing the way people think about:
* Baby Safety Devices
* Do-it-yourself Video Security
* Wireless Connectivity Products
* Home Theater Audio
* Retro Music Systems
* Clock Radios
* Karaoke Systems
From conception to launch, over 100 talented professionals work to ensure all of our products undergo the same intensive, completely in-house development and design process, resulting in the uncompromising quality and industry-leading performance that consumers trust.
The letters ‘CWD’ are shorthand for the empowering philosophy that drives every aspect of what we do – Create What’s Different.
CWD is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.