Type of Position: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Working time shared between the In-House Solutions Cambridge and OCTOPUZ Waterloo offices.
Experience: 3+ years’ experience in data and systems administration
Providing expert machining solutions to the manufacturing industry in the form of software, technical services, technical consulting and educational materials, In-House Solutions positions itself at the forefront of manufacturing innovations in the CNC machining industry and has been doing so for 30+ years!
Developed out of In-House Solutions and now a separate company that is headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, OCTOPUZ Inc. is a start-up that provides offline robot programming and simulation software for businesses of all sizes, from small shops to global corporations. OCTOPUZ is a complete software solution that enables users to program and simulate industrial robots on a computer while generating robot specific code to run live jobs.
You are excited about the opportunity to work for both a company that has been around for 30+ years and for a start-up. Enthusiastic to be the shared resources for both In-House Solutions and OCTOPUZ, you will utilize your experience to implement and maintain the applications and tools needed to facilitate effective operations of the overall business; ensuring the functionality, data quality, security and usability of our suite of current and future business tools (e.g. Salesforce products (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Salesforce CPQ), HubSpot, Jira, Zendesk, SharePoint, Intacct, etc.).
You will apply your proven experiences ensuring seamless transitions and interactions between various business systems that drive the successful integration and implementation of new technologies. You are known as someone who works alongside business stakeholders to really understand their needs, challenges, processes and motivations to proactively achieve improvements in overall business operations. You are extremely meticulous and disciplined to ensure the highest quality result, while also maintaining flexibility in responding to changing operational priorities.
About the Role
- Manage, maintain and monitor user accounts, permissions, licenses and security access of the business tools and systems.
- Monitor and assess systems to make sure that processes and tools interface in an optimal way and are operating as designed.
- Research, design, develop, test and implement departmental customizations, patches and new releases.
- Establish, monitor and improve data integrity best practices including performing regular data checks, performance analysis and database cleanup.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve user and system issues.
- Provide technical expertise and best practices on the optimal use of business systems and applications.
- Develop, administer, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of all data and systems.
- Working with internal IT professional(s) and external IT service provider(s), ensure the consistent performance and uptime of the systems and technologies.
- Conduct education sessions with teams to ensure overall best practices are followed.
- Prepare and maintain training documentation and train end-users in the use of new and/or existing business tools.
- Accurately collect and interpret the technical and operational requirements of stakeholders to ensure their business needs are understood and met.
- Research, design and implement reports and dashboards to align with management and daily operations requirements.
- Advise management of new applications or potential system enhancements in support of future requirements and identify long-term system needs.
- Take the lead on special projects such as system upgrades and replacements.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- 3+ years’ experience in data and systems administration, with exposure to systems analysis and design.
- Experience implementing, maintaining and administering tools such as a CRM or Salesforce products (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Salesforce CPQ), HubSpot, Jira, Zendesk, SharePoint, Intacct, etc.
- Hands-on experience managing projects using formal project management tools and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts in both user-friendly and technical language.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma.
- Ability to troubleshoot business systems issues and workflows.
- Keeps abreast of current and future technological developments or trends.
- Flexibility to support outside of standard business hours as necessary.
OCTOPUZ is committed to ensuring a culture of inclusion and diversity and will consider all applicants regardless of age, marital status, race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, or disability. For those requiring accommodations during any stage of the application process, please contact email@example.com or call 226-894-1253 and ask for Human Resources.