At Molex we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Industrial Automation group of Molex Industrial Business Unit, develops innovative state of the art safe and secure industrial automation solutions to drive and support the evolving demands of industrial automation in global market sectors including robotics and plant automation.
At Molex, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. Come join our journey.
As a member of the engineering team in Waterloo-ON, the Hardware PCB Designer is working closely with other team members and manufacturing suppliers to maintain existing as well as design innovative market leading electronic products. These products are getting faster, denser, smarter, and more complex with every evolution. In this role, the Hardware PCB Designer is responsible for developing, delivering and implementing high speed and mixed signal board designs for industrial automation and functional safety products and provides the best approaches to realize complex hardware designs using their board level skills and in-depth knowledge of signal integrity, analog and digital design.
- Designing and implementing mixed signal printed circuit boards
- Addressing DFA/DFT/DFM (Design for Assembly/Test/Manufacturing) requirements related to PCB and PCBA
- Mechanical compliance checks with 3D CAD (direct asset)
- Signal integrity analysis (pre and post PCB)
- Timing, power and thermal analysis
- Providing guidance, seeking consultation and working closely with peer Schematic, PCB and Mechanical designers
- Participating in peer reviews
Practicing entrepreneurial, customer focused, innovative, and forward-looking culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Electronics Technologist with 3 years of experience in a related field
- Strong mixed signal and high-speed digital design
- Hands on experience with CAD tools including Schematic, PCB, Signal Integrity, Timing Analysis (Cadence Allegro tool set knowledge is an asset)
- Electronic component packaging technologies related to footprint design component layout guidelines and requirements
- Familiarity with the IPC, IEEE and JEDEC Electronic Industry design standards
- Regulatory and Environmental compliance thru design techniques using Signal Integrity (PRE and POST), Propagation Delay techniques and design constraint management with ECAD tools.
- Experience designing 1Gbps or higher Ethernet interfaces is an asset
- Understanding of Industrial grade electronic product design requirements and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) would be an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is a must
- Functional Safety Certified Engineer, or P.Eng designation is a great asset
Job Number 7423BR
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of the molexcareers.com webpage.