As the leader of the engineering team in Waterloo-ON, the main responsibility of this position is recruiting, and continuous improvement of a very competent talent pool that are capable of developing world class and bleeding edge products. The Engineering Manager is constantly monitoring the team capabilities as well as job market to make sure we offer a competitive work environment and the engineering resource pool is aligned with the group strategies and development projects in the horizon.
The Engineering Manager must ensure high quality and very efficient hardware/software development processes in place to provide a highly efficient, and agile development environment.
The Engineering Manager is a leader and influencer that can bring a team of highly talented professionals together and drive them toward accomplishing the group strategic goals.
- Comprehend the group development strategies and provide leadership to a multi-disciplinary engineering team accordingly
- Build and promote a self-organized and agile engineering team consisted of hardware, software, embedded software, and mechanical top talents
- Chief recruiter to ensure availability of the required resources to accomplish group technology/product roadmaps, goals and long-term strategies
- Collaborate with talent management group to ensure a competitive work environment
- Collaborate with Project Management and Product Management teams to plan a smooth development cycle for upcoming products
- Lead and provide team building and improvement activities, and training plans
- Own, maintain and constantly improve development processes collaborating with QA team
- Facilitate the team day to days and remove any obstacle or hinder that slows down the team
- Mentor and coach the new team members to get up to speed
- Practice and promote entrepreneurial, innovative, customer focused and forward-looking culture
- MSc. or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years’ experience in managing multi-disciplinary embedded systems development team (HW, Cloud based applications, embedded SW, low level SW, FPGA, Mechanical)
- 3+ years’ engineering management experience in an agile development environment
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong people management and team building skills
- P.Eng designation is a must
- Experience with mission critical and functional safety development process is an asset
- Familiarity with Waterloo region job market and technical communities is a strong asset
Job Number 7422BR
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of the molexcareers.com webpage.